Design Development Engineer
- Scotland, Glasgow
- £44100 - £66100 per annum + Car allowance & Performance-related bonus
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Civil & Structural, Control & Instrumentation, Electrical, Project Engineering
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading and Havant.
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 depending on skills and experience + car / car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Key to our growth ambition, SSE Renewables have an exciting opportunity within our International Design and Delivery team for a Design Delivery Engineer to support our engineering activities across the pipeline of onshore wind & solar projects.
Some of your key accountabilities will include:
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary and multi-national engineering resources on onshore international renewables development projects.
- Identifying and managing technical risks and issues, creating value engineering across the development portfolio by identifying and delivering on design refinement and improvement opportunities.
- Coordinating project engineering activities in-line with the requirements defined within SSE's Governance Framework and associated procedures relating to design assurance, safety, quality, and cost.
- Supporting the decision-making process by working closely with the project team and technical authorities, producing robust recommendations to project management.
- Supporting the digitalisation of engineering governance processes.
This role is the perfect opportunity for someone who thrives on working within a collaborative team to deliver world class renewable engineering projects.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of design, development and the delivery of onshore wind/solar projects or similar.
- A background in delivering Technical Assurance/Governance on large capital projects.
- Experience of coordinating appropriate multi-disciplinary technical support to provide expert opinion and approval across design reviews, key decisions and risk reviews.
- A degree qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent experience in a similar role with a passion for renewable energy and sustainability.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert