- Inverness, Highlands, Scotland
- £42691 - £69982 per annum + Car allowance
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Highlands
Salary: £42,691 - £69,982 + car / allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transmission Operation Engineer to join our teams based in the scenic Highlands.
The duties and responsibilities of the Operation Engineer are:
- Play a pivotal role in the delivery of asset replacement and load related projects required to achieve our RIIO-T2 commitments and Net-Zero goals.
- Participate in the maintenance and repair of Substations, Cables and Overhead Lines up to 400kV.
- Undertake the responsibilities and duties of a Senior Authorised Person.
- Provide engineering and operational support to project teams across the SSEN Transmission portfolio during the development, refinement, execution and commissioning phases.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Consenting & Environment, Quality, Contractors, Owners/Operators of third-party assets).
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- HNC Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable High Voltage or Extra High Voltage switching and SAP experience.
- Familiarity with the safe systems of work used in the Electricity Transmission or Distribution industries.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Willingness to participate in a Standby Rota.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert