Operational Technology Security Engineer
- Perth & Kinross, Scotland, Perth / Scotland, Glasgow / Berkshire, England, Reading
- £44100 - £66100 per annum
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading or Havant
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 (depending on skills and experience) + performance related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are currently recruiting for OT Security Engineers to join our Distribution OT team.
As OT Security Engineer, you'll be responsible for the assessment and improvement of cyber security within the Operational Technology of SSEN. You will also work with Future Networks and project teams within Operational Technology to ensure that designs and architecture meets security requirements.
Critically, the role includes the real time management of cyber security incidents, assessing attack vectors and our associated vulnerabilities in order to protect our Operational Technology systems.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Ensuring that new Operational Technology processes, procedures, systems, and designs are adequately risk assessed with appropriate mitigations in place.
- Ensuring compliance of the NIS Regulations, this involves maintenance of Cyber Assessment Frameworks and development and auditing of improvement plans to increase the maturity of cyber security within SSEN.
- Developing, reviewing and updating existing policy and procedures covering cyber security for all OT networks owned or operated by SSEN and ensuring that the end-to-end process elements of any given OT service meets the organisational resilience and security requirements.
- Working closely with the business and system owners to drive the maintenance of their security risk registers for the OT elements or systems owned or operated by SSEN.
- Working with internal teams, vendors, open sources and specialist groups, to identify vulnerabilities of the operational technology systems and assist the support teams carrying out vulnerability assessments, and propose remediations as necessary.
- Representing OT as a security expert and contribute to discussions and consultations with various teams within other SSE Business Units.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Master's Level degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related field is desirable.
- Professional certification, such as a Global Industry Cyber Security Professional Certification (GICSP) or something similar.
- Good theoretical and practical understanding of telecommunication and IT systems.
- A thorough understanding of Risk Assessment and vulnerability management processes.
- The ability to translate and simplify complex technical information to a wide range of audiences including internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the operation and design of OT networks.
This role also requires an Enhanced National Security check.
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 341814.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert