Civil Project Engineer
- Scotland, Aberdeen / Scotland, Shetland Islands / Scotland, Perth & Kinross
- £44100 - £66100 per annum
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Civil & Structural, Control & Instrumentation, Electrical, Project Engineering
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Inverness, Shetland, Perth, Glasgow or Aberdeen
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + Car Allowance & a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The key duties and responsibilities for the Civil Project Engineer are as follows:
- Responsible for Civil Engineering delivery on assigned projects of typical capital value £200M - £2B.
- Promote and manage safety within assigned projects through the implementation of CDM procedures and safety in design. Fulfilling the role of Designer or Principal Designer under CDM.
- Responsible for defining scope and managing budgets for embedded engineering consultants and project driven engineering consultancy services.
- Provide technical input for your specialist discipline as well as interfacing with other technical and project functions to ensure a co-ordinated approach to project delivery and identification and resolution of key risks.
- May have functional responsibility in specialist discipline for Engineers and for consultants. May need to coordinate the resourcing of engineers from other disciplines, subject to the scale of the project.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree in appropriate engineering discipline (preferably CEng or working towards this).
- Knowledge and experience of Energy or Networks industries are preferable.
- Good technical knowledge of industry standards and specifications, and technical specifications, and how to determine applicability of relevant standards.
- In depth understanding of CDM Regulations.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner to facilitate decision making by senior management.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site. .
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on or 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert