Base Location: Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Somerset or Wiltshire
Salary: £42,691 - £49,626 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
We are looking for a Cable Supervisor to join our team
As our Cable Supervisor you'll be responsible for day to day operation in the Works Delivery Team, assisting in the construction and installation of cable projects from LV up to and including 132kV cable systems.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the tender process assuring all relevant info is passed from design to delivery.
- Helping to evaluate tender and raising all permits for the scheme and leading meetings with the Local authority by presenting the scope of the project.
- Give SSEN safety Inductions and conduct a full CDM start up audit before allowing works to start.
- Help with weekly meetings with contractor and attend and assist monthly meetings with project manager. Issue C.V.I.s and agree measure with contractor.
- Make sure all work is compliant with NWRSA therefore minimising large financial risk to SSEN. Ensuring all documentation has been passed to Project Manager and GIS has been updated.
- Taking responsibility for specification of plant through completion of order schedules for primary plant items, which will require an understanding of the plant items and their interaction.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An understanding of SROH and knowledge of when to open cut and when to use no dig technology ( i.e. H.D.D., Plough)
- Extensive knowledge of cable laying specs and correct formation requirements
- Knowledge of NRWSA requirements and all permit requirements, HSG47 (safe digging practices ), and HAUC requirements
- Great communication skills and experience of physically doing the job from design to delivery
- Commitment to the SSEN safety culture, promoting positive action and behaviour within your own team and across the wider business.
Regular travel is required and as a result we can only accept applications from candidates that hold a current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.