National Security - Agile Coach
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Manchester, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 15 Apr 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Are you passionate about working with cutting-edge technology and self-motivated to find innovative solutions to complex challenges as part of a team who help keep the UK safe? Join BAE Systems as an Agile Coach
As an Agile Coach within a Software Engineering team, you’ll be working with our National Security Customers to build and run systems that support their core mission capabilities. You’ll work as part of empowered, autonomous DevOps teams with regular contact with end-users to flexibly and efficiently understand, design, develop, deploy and maintain applications and services. You’ll be encouraged to identify new ways of solving problems and get to work in a range of different teams across our customer organisations. You will work in a small team given as much ownership and responsibility as you have the appetite for but part of a much bigger Engineering community to give you the support you need to grow in your career.
We fully embrace DevOps ways of working in our teams, and build a very broad range of capabilities for our customers. We therefore value scrum team members who enjoy playing a role in the full delivery lifecycle and are flexible to learn and pick up new approaches. You’ll be playing a role in identifying the right behaviours, best practices and development methodologies to use for the job and be supported with training as needed through access to services such as Pluralsight.
Not only will your team be directly making a huge impact upon the systems you work on, you’ll be doing it for an organisation who makes a huge impact to the security of the UK.
You will have experience in many of the following:
- Leadership roles or responsibilities - either delivery or technically focussed - within a professional software, systems or service team
- Championing Scrum and agile principles within a team
- Knowledge of the software lifecycle and how to apply agile methodologies to large projects
- Coaching and mentoring junior software developers, setting an example for them and identifying areas for improvement and training
- Facilitating team meetings, helping to draw thoughts and ideas from all team members
- Task and knowledge management tools such as Confluence, JIRA and Trello
- Continually looking for process improvements
- Bringing enthusiasm and fun to your work!
It would be great if you also had experience in some of these, but if not we’ll help you with them:
- A Scrum certification such as PSM or CSM
- A scaled agile framework certification such as SAFe or Scrum@Scale
- Project management, including identifying and reporting on risks, issues and dependencies
- Service management, for example responding to incidents or outages, using problem solving skills and coordinating with multiple people or teams.
- Change management, including working with other teams and end users to make new feature deployments on live services more transparent, reducing risk
- Experience with software development or design
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process.
How we will support you
- Work-life balance is important; you can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working, and many of our roles include hybrid working enabling a mix of working from home and in the office
- You’ll get 25 days holiday a year and the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- You’ll be part of our company bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
About our team
Our people are what differentiates us, they are resourceful, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with cutting edge, high quality solutions. Our breadth of work across the Public Sector provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise and with new clients.
You’ll be part of a big company, but we try to create a culture that feels like a small one. The work will stretch you and be challenging, but we encourage a healthy work-life balance. Most of all, we know teams who work well together also perform well. We’ll do everything we can to ensure you have fun at work, and in social activities outside of it whether that’s virtually or in person, as conditions allow.
You will be joining our National Security business which is the largest area within our UK business. Our mission is to be the most trusted partner for our National Security clients in delivery of their core mission. At the end of 2020 we had over 700 employees working across our security and law enforcement customers. This year, we are looking to build on our success and grow even further by recruiting over 100 new members to our team.
We have a rich history of working within National Security. In fact, we have over 40 years’ experience of delivering advice and solutions to our customers in this sector, supporting them in carrying out their vital missions.
More about BAE Systems
You will work for a division of BAE Systems who helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We’re a consultancy and products business and employ smart, motivated individuals who work together across a range of projects and products. You’ll get to work on a variety of different systems for different customers throughout your career with us. We’re passionate about Diversity and Inclusion in our workforce and the people you’ll work with will reflect this. We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA
For more information please visit our website: https://www.baesystems.com/en/cybersecurity/national-security
Help us secure a connected world. Apply now and be inspired.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert