Base Location: Flexible UK
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE has recently embarked on a 5 year+ £1Bn IT transformation programme spanning all areas of the business to support its continuing strategy. Effectively harnessing Data and Analytics will become an essential strategic capability enabling SSE to continue to operate and compete effectively in its markets and business segments.
Finance transformation is a 3-5 year programme which will initially simplify its processes, systems, controls and data and then embark on a " Digital" journey so its Finance function is fit for purpose and can move in an agile way to support the implementation of the ambitious SSE strategy.
The PMO Team Lead for Finance Transformation will:
Manage the PMO analysts that support the delivery of circa £15m of a Finance Function Transformation programme. Support the Finance Transformation leadership team to ensure they deliver the finance vision through an efficient and effective PMO. The role will be involved in the management of the governance model and associated guidelines for RAID logs, governance meeting forums, purpose, attendees, and materials, ensuring consistency of governance structures and approach.
The role will manage the production of high level and detailed programme plans, a consolidated, consistent, and timely suite of Programme reports, ensuring consistent information is published to relevant stakeholders (internal and external), to include owning cross programme reporting, programme summary reporting, etc. The role will include supporting the development and management programme roadmaps and managing the many interdependencies that will be in play across the separate programmes and underlying projects.
- Proactively support the wider Finance Transformation programme leadership team and programme teams in general in understanding and applying PMO templates, guidelines, and tools.
- Support the planning and coordination of the programmes, and delivery activities to ensure the effective implementation of interrelated projects from proposal to delivery stages.
- Complete a monthly resource management report for Programme Management, assessing current and future availability of Project and Programme resources, aligned to Portfolio Delivery Plans.
- Support the quality assurance approach aligned to SSE change standards, to include taking responsibility for regularly undertaking formal (quality assurance) reviews of projects, specifically focused on project deliverable quality and status, and produce a report for each project citing action required to address any areas of concern.
- Own Change Control governance across the programme, ensuring adherence to best practice methods and procedures.
- Ensure risks and issues are regularly tracked and that escalation processes are in place and adhered to, tracking through to risk acceptance and issue resolution/ closure.
- Recruit, line manage and develop PMO analysts.
Maintain an awareness and understanding of best practice PMO tools, processes, and guidelines in line with SSE Transformation frameworks. Proactively share these with the PMO team through collaborative working, coaching and knowledge sharing, and with the wider team through communication and education sessions.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of working within an agile and a waterfall programme delivery environment as well as finance controls or working in a regulatory environment.
- Experience of working as a PMO Lead in a Finance function transformational programme and managing analysts to deliver a breadth of PMO services across a range of projects and Programmes.
- MSP qualified and LEAN qualified, or equivalent experience.
- Prince 2 qualified or with equivalent experience in project management methodologies and practices.
- Experience of managing and tracking a multi-million programme resources with demonstrable experience of applying and advising project governance frameworks.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738344763
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.