Salary: up to £65,000 DOEHybrid working pattern
: Due to the nature of the work, this role will be predominantly fulfilled at our Bristol office.The opportunity:
We are looking for enthusiastic and proactive technologist to lead a team of technical professionals to develop algorithms for future weapon systems.
We are a specialist and forward-thinking team using product knowledge and mathematical analysis to develop the algorithms that underpin the advanced capabilities of our weapon systems.
To keep ahead of our rivals, we are always looking to the state of the art in algorithm technology. This includes an increasing adoption of methods that employ machine-learning and artificial intelligence.The Role
What we're looking for from you:
- Lead a team of algorithm developers typically using MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Represent the Weapon System Algorithm capability in multiple projects
- Collaboration with the systems teams to understand how the algorithms will be used, and with the software team to appreciate how they will be implemented.
- Responsible for defining the toolchain and process for ensuring integrity through to the final product.
- Opportunities to work internationally with colleagues in the UK, France, Germany and Italy.
- Offers on the job training within a team of specialists.
- Opportunities to influence:
- How we develop algorithms within the team and more widely within MBDA.
- How the team grows and adapts to meet evolving technological needs.
Any experience in any of the following areas would be highly beneficial:
- A numerate graduate or post-graduate qualification.
- Experience of leading teams of highly qualified and technical individuals.
- A commitment to quality and the procedures we follow to ensure it.
- A desire to make an impression within the MBDA engineering community.
What to expect:
- Software development
- Mathematical analysis
- Numerical simulation
- Machine learning
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!