Algorithms Team Lead
- up to £65,000
- Closing date
- 16 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Hybrid working pattern: Due to the nature of the work, this role will be predominantly fulfilled at our Bristol office.
We are looking for enthusiastic and proactive technologist to lead a team of technical professionals to develop algorithms for future weapon systems.
We are a specialist and forward-thinking team using product knowledge and mathematical analysis to develop the algorithms that underpin the advanced capabilities of our weapon systems.
To keep ahead of our rivals, we are always looking to the state of the art in algorithm technology. This includes an increasing adoption of methods that employ machine-learning and artificial intelligence.
- Lead a team of algorithm developers typically using MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Represent the Weapon System Algorithm capability in multiple projects
- Collaboration with the systems teams to understand how the algorithms will be used, and with the software team to appreciate how they will be implemented.
- Responsible for defining the toolchain and process for ensuring integrity through to the final product.
- Opportunities to work internationally with colleagues in the UK, France, Germany and Italy.
- Offers on the job training within a team of specialists.
- Opportunities to influence:
- How we develop algorithms within the team and more widely within MBDA.
- How the team grows and adapts to meet evolving technological needs.
What we're looking for from you:
- A numerate graduate or post-graduate qualification.
- Experience of leading teams of highly qualified and technical individuals.
- A commitment to quality and the procedures we follow to ensure it.
- A desire to make an impression within the MBDA engineering community.
Any experience in any of the following areas would be highly beneficial:
- Software development
- Mathematical analysis
- Numerical simulation
- Machine learning
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert