Up to £55K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
As part of our ongoing delivery commitments to our Customers, we are looking for someone to be a product owner for one or more of our electronic subsystems. You will be responsible for ensuring the engineering activities are carried out in a coherent manner and that all key partners are aware of the product boundaries, the development progression and agreement of key milestones, through all development phases.
Weapon System Equipment plays a key role in the development and delivery of MBDA's products to our Customers. We operate across the full range of Operational Commands including Land, Naval, Airborne and, increasingly, Novel Capability domains ensuring MBDA's systems remain at the forefront of defence capability. We specialise in providing physical design coherency across Weapon Systems for all phases of the development cycle.
Our Mission is to:
What we're looking for:
- Deliver world-class Systems, Subsystems and Equipment to our Customers Armed Forces
- Contribute to MBDA's international Weapon System Equipment Strategy, bringing the UK perspective to bear and balancing the need for technology re-use with the need to exploit emerging technology trends
- Apply the Weapon system Equipment Strategy to all new programmes, as well as through-life enhancement upgrades.
Wherever possible, Weapon System Equipment looks to deliver modular and re-usable subsystems that can provide the required capability into multiple programmes, whilst ensuring they are fit for purpose in the prescribed environment for the host platform. As a result, we strive to continually reduce cycle times and get equipment in the hands of our customers quicker. We are specifically responsible for the delivery of equipment involved in the safe preparation and launch of missiles from their host launchers, in collaboration with product owners of other subsystems and the project technical leadership teams.
As a product owner, you should be able to demonstrate your ability to:
- Mature a product through the development lifecycle and describe challenges associated with each phase
- Understand benefits of product re-use (and limitations), when compared to new product development/new technologies and apply accordingly
- Define verification and validation strategies for the electrical, mechanical, software and transversal properties of a system or subsystem
- Manage transversal engineering activities and compliance (Safety, Cyber, HF, ILS, etc)
- Manage schedule, cost, quality and performance metrics
- Develop a clear view of programme priorities and make informed judgement calls when there are clashes of interest to meet these aims
- Advance common understanding of programme risks and mitigation strategies
In addition, the successful candidate will engage and maintain key relationships with technical and non-technical partners including Customers and Suppliers. You will be able to describe an engineering system in easy to understand terms and using appropriate tools with audiences of all levels of product engineering experience.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information!Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!