About the Role
Base Location: Reading or Portsmouth preferred (other SSEN locations considered)
Salary: £53,681 - £62,405 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Our Flexible Solutions Project Manager will manage, plan and coordinate multiple live projects and associated resources in SSEN. You'll actively identify and resolve problems, manage risks and deliver successful projects. Completing projects within allocated budget and customer satisfaction.
You will support the testing of active systems through review and approval of test specifications designed to prove system functionality across all testing stages. Through testing you'll ensure the system delivers its requirements as laid out in the design stage and identify any issues. You'll then suggest and/or approve sustainable solutions that will resolve the root causes and ensure successful project delivery
In collaboration with other Flexible Solutions team members, you'll construct and review new scheme designs, which include lessons learnt from previous schemes, alterations and extensions, to meet customer requirements in accordance with Company safety, design, budget and quality standards.
- Project Management: Manage, plan and coordinate multiple live projects according to project governance. Managing risks, actions, issues, dependencies and address risk by relying on own expert knowledge and judgement.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Develop relationships and liaise with internal and external stakeholders. Establishing and maintaining highly effective relationships within projects and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly.
- Continuous Improvement: Actively seek to develop and deepen own field specific knowledge as well as understanding of the latest developments in electricity network, act as expert point of contact in relation to it and be at the forefront of the development of this body of knowledge.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would like you to have:
- A project management qualification (APMP, PRINCE2, or equivalent qualification or experience) and experience of delivering complex projects.
- Demonstrable experience of meeting project timelines, quality, safety and cost parameters, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of project progression and financial performance.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation skills, with the ability to collaborate, influence and inform opinion.
- Proven experience of delivering projects and programmes of work within a relevant governance structure.
- A good understanding of the distribution electrical network.
- An understanding of Flexibility Services and Connections would be advantageous.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net-zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stacey on 01738342529.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.