£45-65K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working-
such as 1-2 days working from home.
An opportunity exists for an experienced, ambitious and delivery-focused Engineering / Programme Manager to join the SPEAR3 Product Line Design team. The successful candidate will join the programme at a critical point in the development lifecycle and oversee the delivery of the SPEAR3 Guided Firing, Qualification and F35 Integration missile programmes.
- You will work within a Matrix org structure and need to provide leadership for and coordination of a multi-functional team (comprising design, proving, systems, manufacturing, B&P, etc.) to oversee the development and certification of a range of SPEAR3 missile variants.
- You will be responsible for maintaining and driving the team to deliver on-time against a top-level target plan.
- You will facilitate regular ‘drum-beat' meetings to promote good communication within the team, track progress against the plan and ensure team priorities are made clear.
- You will facilitate ‘Missile War Room' meetings to provide a forum for discussion of special topics, culminating in presentation of way forward recommendations for ratification by the ‘Chiefs' at programme Tech Panel meetings.
- You will need to be able to identify and escalate issues in a timely manner, and work proactively to ensure that they are resolved quickly and with minimal schedule / cost impact.
- You will be responsible for reporting progress to the wider project and senior management team, and also work with Business and Performance & Project Control colleagues to ensure programmatic elements are correctly reported.
- You will need to work closely with the wider management teams to ensure all system-level needs are accurately captured and appropriately funded, and assist the ISV team with planning & preparatory activities for system-level trials (inc. TRRs, fit for build review etc.).
- You will need to work with ‘Chiefs' to ensure that the delivery team has the right mix of numbers, skills and experience to deliver the planned activities.
This is a highly visible role within the SPEAR programme, which will require a broad range of technical, programme and partner management skills.
The individual will be co-located within the project team at Stevenage and will report to the SPEAR3 Missile Capability Lead. Functional support will be provided by the Head of Missile Mechanical Architecture.What we're looking for from you:
What to expect:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering or scientific subject with significant relevant working experience, ideally across some or all of the following areas: Programme Management, Certification, Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, Energetics, Thermal, Stress, Safety, Environmental, Reliability, Production, Systems Engineering, System Proving.
- Proven leadership skills, a ‘can-do' attitude and a willingness to be held responsible for objective delivery.
- Well-developed relationship management skills at all levels.
- Delivery-focused with a passion to achieve success.
- Application of appropriate personal behaviours including self-motivation, initiative, leadership, adaptability, planning and organisation.
- Occasional travel in the UK/Europe/US/Etc. on an as required basis.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information!Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!