SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £51,600 - £77,400 + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
This is an exciting opportunity for an Inclusion & Diversity Consultant to play a key role in designing and delivering inclusion and diversity awareness and learning materials for employees at all levels within SSE. As subject matter expert, youll support the Head of Inclusion and Diversity with designing, advising and coaching HR colleagues and leaders on inclusive practices and processes. Youll keep abreast of inclusion and diversity thought leadership to inform direction of travel and use external insights and internal knowledge of SSE to design and deliver forward looking process improvements that impact all company practice. The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Supporting the Belonging in SSE employee led community co-leads to identify areas of improvement and helping deliver action plans, as well as understanding the perspective on inclusion and diversity from the majority viewpoint and designing and implementing the engagement strategy for this population.
- Preparation and facilitation of board and executive committee level engagement sessions and producing detailed reports involving statistical and data analysis.
- Supporting the SSE 7 business unit inclusion and diversity working group leads with expertise and delivery of process improvements.
- Acting as an ambassador by representing SSE at external I&D specialist forums and broader cross industry events.
- Actively seeking and acting on employee voice through coordinating, designing, facilitating, and reporting on themes from employee focus groups.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Significant experience in a broader HR or people-focused role within a large corporate environment.
- Experience of working at a senior level as a subject matter expert to help influence and drive change, demonstrating confidence to coach, advise and develop leaders and colleagues on all aspects of cultural change.
- Strong understanding of the diversity landscape including business benefits, inclusion and diversity strategies and the connection to talent acquisition and learning & development.
- Excellent communication skills together with strong project management skills demonstrating the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to tight deadlines.
- Confident in analysing statistical data and providing results that offer insights to direct change.
We are happy to discuss any flexible and hybrid working arrangements, however there will be an element of travel required for this role.
About our Business
SSE Human Resources is made up of several operational and specialist teams who strive to help the business to design, develop and deliver their people strategies. We partner with the business to provide expert advice on all people matters, enabling them to get the best out of their teams and equip them to meet the changing demands of our business now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Louise on 01738 351671.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.