Technical Support Manager - Pumps
- Transport for London (TfL)
- London, NW1
- £57,215 - £80,736 PA
- Closing date
- 20 Apr 2023
Contract Type: Permanent - Band: SMF1 - London Underground
You will be responsible for supporting the pump asset manager in delivering the maintenance, enhancements and repairs of the Pumps asset base.
As part of the pump management team, you will also be responsible for specifying, monitoring and leading work packages whilst driving a safety culture within the pump team and associated service partners
Co-ordinate all aspects of the Pump renewal program (Governance, budgets, authorities, milestones, KPI's, etc).
You will also act as the technical expert for pump assets and work with the pump asset manager to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and LUL standards whilst introducing innovation and continuous improvement activities
Manage the companies pump SCADA system to ensure that the system is maintained and updated as appropriate.
- Jobholder must be committed to LU's general Safety, Quality and Environmental Polices in conjunction with the department’s continuous improvement program and balanced score card delivery.
- Assist the pump asset manager in ensuring technical compliance with all relevant standards, delivery of the routine inspection, maintenance and repair/replacement of Pump asset and sub-systems.
- Plan, direct and control internal and external resources undertaking the complete range of activities for Pump assets.
- Deliver works to meet or exceed budget and Quality standards.
- Support the upkeep of the departments quality and asset management systems to enable sound business decisions to be made from available asset data.
- Provide technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to the maintenance teams to ensure skills gaps are minimized whilst reducing dependence on external training
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
All essential unless stated otherwise.
- A proven record of effective planning, organising, prioritisation and delivering works.
- Demonstrable experience of working with supporting the development of asset management and data systems.
- Experience of continuous improvement methodologies and techniques. [Preferable]
- Experience of delivering works through third party supply chain arrangements
- Knowledge of Pumping and Drainage Systems
- Knowledge of Contract Administration.
- Experience of Managing operational works delivery through internally supplied labour.
- Experience of commissioning and testing Knowledge of operational and asset standards
- Knowledge of London Underground working practices.
- Experience of working with Asset Systems.
- Experience of operating in a complex engineering and safety critical environment. [Essential]
- Experience within the London Underground Pump or other Railway Environments. [Preferred]
- Knowledge of SCADA systems administration / fault finding and integration [Preferred]
- Experience in working with electrical / automation and mechanical systems in an in industrial environment [Preferred]
- Experience in managing a team(s) undertaking maintenance / reactive and enhancement projects [Preferred]
Equality and Diversity
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient organisation. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow.
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 29 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers Discounted Eurostar travel
Eligibility – Internal employees
In line with our Resourcing Policy (Feb 2014), internal employees are required to complete their probationary period before applying for internal TfL positions. Please ensure you have successfully completed your probation before submitting an application for this role, otherwise your application may be withdrawn.
Internal employees with any current formal warnings are not eligible to apply for internal TfL vacancies until expiry of the warning. Ineligible applications may be withdrawn. Details of what is defined as a current formal warning can be found on Platform: https://transportforlondon.sharepoint.com/sites/Instructions-and-guidance-people-performance-and-rewards/SitePages/Applying-for-a-vacancy-with-a-formal-warning.aspx
Applications to internally advertised roles can only be accepted from temporary workers who are on PAYE terms via agency, or PAYE via Umbrella Companies. Temporary workers who are paid through their own limited companies are not covered by the Agency Worker Regulations and are ineligible to apply.
NPL members of staff are not eligible to apply to secondment opportunities.
Please apply using your CV and a one page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 20th April 2023 @ 23:59
We will make every effort to give you as much notice as possible, however some interviews/assessments could be organised at short notice.
We may close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
This vacancy is being re-advertised, if you applied before you should not apply again.
We work to keep London moving and make transport accessible for all. We are the local government organisation responsible for most aspects of London's transport system.
Our role is to implement the Mayor's Transport Strategy. We also manage those services across the Capital for which the Mayor is responsible.
Virtually everyone who visits, lives or works in London will use one of our services and every one of those journeys matters to us....
We are here to keep London working and growing, and to make life in the Capital better.
• London Buses
• London Underground
• Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
• London Overground
• London Tramlink (trams)
• London River Services
• Victoria Coach Station
• Barclays Cycle Hire
• Emirates Air Line
We also have other responsibilities including:
• Managing the Congestion Charge
• Maintaining 580km of main roads and all of the Capital’s traffic lights
• Regulating the taxis and private hire trade
• Making transport more accessible through coordinating schemes for people with impaired mobility and running Dial-a-Ride alongside the London boroughs Taxicard scheme
• Promoting a range of walking and cycling initiatives
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert