Development Project Manager
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- Car Allowance & Bonus
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Project Engineering
- Job Type
- Director & Senior Management
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Ireland, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: Up to £66,100 / €93,300 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Development Project Manager youll be responsible for Onshore wind farms and other Renewable Energy related projects in the SSE Ireland portfolio that are in the early phase of development, including potential Joint Ventures (JV) projects, repowering and life extension opportunities.
Some of your other main accountabilities may include:
- Managing a number of projects and coordinating discipline specialists concurrently, planning the projects' resource requirements and elaborating the grid connection strategy with the Grid Manager.
- Ensuring the production of high quality and meaningful Project Development Plans substantiated by a credible business case as well as a budget and a programme to progress projects through SSEs Large Capital Project governance process.
- Supervising and optimising the performance of the Planning Consultants and Auxiliary EIA consultants in tandem with the Consent Manager will also be key to the success in the role.
- Monitoring and reporting to Senior Management on project progress, risks, opportunities, issues and key decisions on a monthly basis as well as over the projects' overall performance.
- Work collaboratively with a community of colleagues that provide specialist services to multiple projects ranging from Consent specialists, to Wind Analyst, Grid Management and Finance Modelling to name only a few.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have;
- A proven track record in project management preferably in complex capital projects e.g., project definition and set up, planning, cost, programme, risk, quality, commercial management and negotiations.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and responding to business requirements simultaneously.
- Previous exposure to planning, land and policy related matters e.g., lease, easements, Wind Energy Guidelines, County Development Plans and Renewable Energy Support Schemes.
- Excellent analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- The ability to build strong relationships and trust with colleagues and external parties including JV partners.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert