About the Role
Base Location: Oxfordshire, Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire or Hampshire
Salary: £38,073 - £49,626 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
Our Land Consents Managers are a pivotal resource for the successful delivery of our project portfolio in order to support a net carbon zero future across our electricity distribution network. In this role you'll be in charge of securing, maintaining and managing strategic land and property rights for underground cables, overhead lines and ground mounted plant on both public and privately-owned land.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Devising land consents strategies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and sustainably as well as managing risk to future network security.
- Managing preparation, negotiation and successful acquisition of wayleaves, easements, land purchases, lease agreements and access permissions.
- Assessing, negotiating and successful settlement of compensation claims.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to develop and foster positive working relationships.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have:
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience securing both voluntary and statutory consents for capital projects.
- Experience of working with key stakeholders, such as landowners, tenants, and their agents, local authorities and national agencies.
- Knowledge of relevant consents and environmental legislation.
- A full, current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fiona on 01738 340954.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.