MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence. Salary:
Up to £70,000 (DOE)What we can offer:
Hybrid working pattern
- Bonus of up to circa £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking ( and gym on site at Stevenage )
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingEmbedded Software Project Lead (Bristol - R09690)The opportunity!
The growing workload within MBDA UK has created an exciting opportunity within the Embedded Software team in Bristol for a Software Project Leader.
The team is tasked with supplying a full range of hard real time software solutions for the next generation of missiles. This unique and exciting opportunity will allow you to develop technical and leadership skills across our range of products.
As a Software Project Leader you will:
What we're looking for from you:
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of software for embedded missile systems on time on cost and on quality.
- Lead a team of professional engineers that are specialists in hard real time software development.
- Work closely with multi-disciplined teams to ensure technical excellence in the software produced.
- Ensure application of software development plans and configuration control.
- Provide regular reports to demonstrate progress achieved.
An experienced software team leader who is able to make decisions for software development:
- A strong ability to direct a team of software developers and effectively communicate with people at all levels across a range of mediums.
- A good understanding of software and the software development process to be able to provide effective management oversight.
- Project management skills to ensure good planning, delivery and cost control of software developed in the team.
While not essential, it'd be beneficial if you had:
- Understanding of technology used in the real time embedded software development.
- Understanding of SysML/UML and C, C++ or Ada Languages.
- Experience in working in a high technology environment where the quality and accuracy of work is critical.
- Awareness of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & DO178B/C
Applicants with significant, related, software development experience will also be considered for development into the role.Join a great team!
The Embedded Software team specialise in all aspects of embedded real-time systems. These skills are co-located providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence whose strengths are well placed to face the challenges of the future.
The Embedded Software team develop the software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems, contributing to a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers developing very interesting, technically advanced products.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.