Offshore Wind Energy Measurements Lead
- Glasgow, Scotland
- Performance related bonus
- Closing date
- 4 Apr 2023
- Business & Finance, Project Engineering, Other
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: Competitive depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As part of a small team within the Offshore Energy Analytics department you will help deliver offshore measurement campaigns and power performance assessments, for SSER's growing portfolio of global wind projects.
Working closely with our contractors, in-house project teams, and analysts, we ensure best-in-class wind and metocean data are delivered safely, laying the foundations for accurate engineering design and energy predictions. On our operational wind farms, we deploy and manage a range of LiDAR technologies, and our analysts ensure SSER's assets are well understood and pro-actively managed over the lifetime of the projects.
We are a dynamic team, and this role will be shaped to your strengths and experience.
Key accountabilities may include:
- Project managing wind and metocean measurement campaigns from concept to completion.
- Leading the delivery of wind turbine power performance assessments for new and operational projects, working with project teams to agree strategies, procure and deploy LiDARs, analyse the data, and deliver the results back into the business.
- Responsible for the deployment of LiDAR devices offshore, internally or by contractors, including setup and commissioning of devices.
- Delivering measurement data for energy yield modelling, site conditions assessments, project design, and operational analysis.
- Collaborating on work across multiple projects, liaising with key stakeholders, contractors, and the wider Energy Analytics team.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable experience managing wind or metocean measurement campaigns.
- A background encompassing power performance assessment campaigns, data reporting and wind resource assessment.
- Practical experience working with LiDAR systems and analysing the data.
- A strong track record in delivering projects safely and working with contractors to ensure high HSE standards.
- Ability to access an offshore wind turbine and work in what can sometimes be harsh outdoor weather conditions.
- Competency in Python or similar coding experience would be looked upon favourably.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Douglas on 01738 275199.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert