IT Project Engineer for Industrial Information Systems
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to £53K dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - such as 2 days in the office and 3 days at home
Within the Information Management (IM) function, the Information Systems (IS) Industrial domain is responsible for managing the Company's Industrial services within (but not limited to) SAP, MES, BI at group level and at local level for UK.
The demand for technology and services to support and deliver MBDA's growing Manufacturing business is increasing rapidly. IS Industrial UK is an identified growth area and a new UK resource is required to deliver the demand coming from our Digital Transformation and Industry 4.0 initiatives. One such task is the upgrade of our ERP system, and the support to this will form a large part of the role for the next 2-3 years.
Working within the Group Industrial department and reporting to the Head of UK Industrial, you will:
- Be a key IS Liaison between both the Business and the Programme teams, especially for our ERP upgrade program.
- Lead IS Industrial projects & support activities at local level and take part in Group level projects.
- Strengthen the presence of the Industrial team in UK with our internal customers and digital transformation initiatives.
- Contribute on innovation activities at group and local level e.g. digital enabled manufacturing improvement projects and re-use of existing solutions (SAP & MES) etc.
- Contribute to growing business added value through management of a catalogue service to end users and continuous service improvement.
- Enable the operational delivery of industrial services to MBDA UK users.
As part of your activities, you will:
- Work with senior customers and end-users to analyse the needs of all MBDA business units (Technical, Production and Support).
- Manage UK and International industrial IS projects with respect to cost, schedule and quality.
- Provide timely reports to project steering committees and control boards.
- Manage and coordinate the internal and external customers, suppliers and vendors involved in the project.
- Be a driving force to propose innovative, new, effective and value for money Industrial solutions.
- Work at both UK and International level with France, Italy and Germany
- SAP or other ERP experience would be beneficial
- Experience within an engineering / manufacturing environment would be valued but not crucial
- Project management experience within a medium to large company (whilst not, essential knowledge and / or qualifications in a recognised project management framework would be beneficial)
- An awareness of IT technologies & methodologies would also be beneficial
- Technical skills / experience of MRP, MES, IOT, Data management & Digital Factories would be advantageous.
Join a great team!
The Information Management team has grown significantly in the past 3 years and with it has brought together a group of individuals with a wide range of skills. During this time the team has built a positive reputation for delivery and is held in high regard amongst our colleagues.
We are a team that truly believes in a sense of team, and we try to reinforce this with informal events / gatherings as well as off site events. The team are strong advocates of training & development being available to all. We aim to provide a supportive & inclusive environment for all and where possible opportunities to further your career.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert