Manufacturing Test Engineering Team Leader
- Up to £48,000
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to £48,000 depending on experience
What we can offer:
- Bonus of circa £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern:
This role is 37 hours per week, primarily based on site at Stevenage, with some flexibility around start/finish times and the ability to work from home on occasion as part of dynamic working arrangements.
This opportunity isfor an Engineering Team Leader with a strong technical bias to join the Manufacturing Test Engineering organisation, supporting test and diagnostics of electrical/electronic/RF weapon systems and sub-systems during development and production. The Manufacturing Test Engineering organisation is responsible for day-to-day support of the product testing within two manufacturing facilities at our Stevenage site and also at our live build facility in Henlow.
- Management of the team supporting Operations testing of electrical/electronic/RF weapon systems and sub-assemblies, including deployment of engineers to appropriate tasks and prioritisation.
- Carrying out staff performance and development review discussions to ensure the team maintains and develops the right levels of skills and programme output.
- Driving the team to deliver in line with all programme and quality requirements, whilst maintaining Test Engineering functional excellence through continuous improvement.
- Representative at key stakeholder meetings to report progress of Test Engineering actions and align team with programme priorities.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to the team to ensure programme targets are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
You will be working with a small team of dedicated engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment. The team has a great mix of personnel all striving to deliver technical excellence across a number of different products in development and production.
What we're looking for from you:
- Minimum HND level of qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject, plus experience in digital and analogue electronics manufacture and test.
- A good appreciation of electrical/electronic measurement and test principles and test equipment, as well as systems-level functional testing, and preferably including some applied knowledge of RF technology.
- Experience of managing a small team of technical professionals in a multi-functional delivery orientated organisation.
- The ability to plan and organise the team's work in order to ensure multiple tasks can be prioritised and delivered against Project objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including generation of test specifications, operator instructions and technical reports based on higher-level requirements, using Microsoft Office applications.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert