Ionech designs, patents, and commercialises first-of-a-kind energy technologies to have a global impact. We’re an ambitious start-up that is working to scale our technology to reduce energy poverty and have a positive societal and environmental impact. We’re located at the Energy Tech Cluster at Harwell Campus in Oxfordshire which has excellent facilities and a globally recognised centre for fast-growing technology.
We’re looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to wants to work in a small, growing team to play a big role in our fast growing start-up. You’ll work alongside the founders at our Harwell lab space to better develop and model the fundamental workings of our technology. This will involve testing and validation, writing scientific papers and assisting in patent applications as well as working with our customers to refine the technology specific to their industry. Our employees are at the centre of everything we do and for the right candidate we would consider a part-time employee who can transition to full time employment.
- Understand and model the fundamental working of a first-of-a-kind technology.
- Confidently advise on further research paths for the technology.
- Develop any knowledge gaps and proactively identify solutions.
- Work with scientists and engineers to test and validate.
- Assist in the writing of patents and documentation.
Qualifications & skills
- Postgraduate Degree level qualification in electrical engineering.
- Experience working in a research role.
- Experience of working with high voltages and power sources including pulses.
- Conversion of High voltages (KV) to AC and DC essential including power factor improvement.
- Transformer design and testing.
- Circuit design and testing including the use of Pspice or similar.
- Experience in high voltage line and load regulation.
What we offer
- Up to £65k annual salary.
- Vested share options in a fast growing start-up.
- Comprehensive private health insurance.
- Hybrid working.
- 25 days leave per year plus public holidays.
- Supportive team working on an interesting, truly impactful technology.