Location: Poland: Poznań
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments. Role description
Senior Data Engineer implements, test and configures code based on traditional RDBMS and/or Big Data approaches to deliver data driven projects and solutions. Senior Data Engineer analyses requirements and design and understands how data is used, manipulated and processed, and combines these skills to create innovative solutions to business problems. This role also requires significant experience in database administration and performance tuning to effectively support database systems maintenance.Your profile
- You will join Database ETL team focused on software delivery and maintenance. Team is responsible for development and maintenance of database features and support of existing solutions. Team collaborates with Software Engineers across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
- You should be able to learn fast, function effectively with a very limited oversight and work independently after initial product training. You need to understand the importance of database integrity in terms of both efficiency and security, be able to advise solutions supporting high availability and performance improvements, investigate existing issues and address them correctly.
- Your communication skills are essential because as a senior specialist, you will need to collaborate with Solution Architects on product development, advise Project Managers on work planning and share knowledge within your team.
• Proficiency with RDBMS solutions, especially Oracle Database; knowledge of Elasticsearch, NiFi or MS SQL Server would be an advantage
• Vast experience with PL/SQL code development
• Vast experience performance tuning
• Working experience with Oracle Database administration
• Knowledge of database design
• Experience with code repositories and code branching We offer:
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- perm (preference) or B2B contract;
- hybrid working (office based in Poznan);
- life insurance, medical package, Multikafeteria system, internal & external trainings, integration events
- annual bonus, company stock, co-funding your home office equipment.
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.