SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Dublin/Reading
Salary: circa €40,000/£35,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus and excellent benefits
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, and our exciting growth plans in the UK, Ireland and internationally, we've a range of exciting opportunities within our Corporate Functions to support our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
What is the Role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Energy Customer Solutions business of SSE for a part qualified Financial Accountant. The role will be focused around supporting the Finance Manager in providing timely and effective support to both the Airtricity and Business Energy businesses and SSE Customer Energy Solutions management team, in the area of Indirect costs with a specific focus on IT. The role will be responsible for the processing of month end in a timely manner, assisting in budgeting & forecasting activities, preparing detailed variance analysis on a monthly basis and balance sheet control account reconciliations.
As part qualified Accountant, you will support all aspects of the monthly operational spend within IT. This will include managing of accruals, prepayments, Azure cost management and maintaining close relationships with Project Managers and IT Finance Business Partner to ensure all potential future costs are captured in budget/forecast.
This is a varied role with key responsibilities including;
- Review contracts for all operational IT expenditure and ensure that costs are accrued where necessary or prepayments set up.
- Month end reporting on all aspects relating to IT operational spend including insightful analysis of variances and changes to timing of spend across both the ROI and UK business.
- Preparation of the IT annual operational cost budget and forecast, working with the IT Finance Business partner to ensure costs are robust and dynamic and reflective of changing IT environment. Analyse variance to budget on a monthly basis and ensure changes are understood and reflected through forecasts.
- Maintain close relationship with PMO to ensure that any potential future costs for projects transitioning from development to operational are captured.
What do I need?
To be successful you will have a strong understanding of accruals/prepayments and the importance of accurately reflecting costs on a monthly and annual basis. Ability to work across multiple teams ensuring that all stakeholders needs are met.
You should also have;
- Part Qualified/Qualified accountant with strong knowledge of accruals/prepayments.
- Experience of analysing and evaluating financial information.
- Ability to make a positive impact in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to understand costs and communicate them in simple terms.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and the MS Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with excellent presentation skills and the ability to engage across all levels of the organisation.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.