Missile Test Architect
- Closing date
- 4 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: £35-45K dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern : Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - such as typically working from home 2/3 days per week.
MBDA are looking for test architects to join our growing team. In this role, you will be supporting the test and testability aspects of the missile, helping to ensure that design for test considerations are applied during the project development and specifying all missile level factory, in service and BIT routines. You will be working closely with the manufacturing and design teams to ensure the final product is fully testable and to understand/minimise the gaps in test coverage.
The department is responsible for the test architecture of our missiles, specifying and analysing the missile built in test, specifying the production testing requirements and managing the delivery of the missile equipment.
What we're looking for from you:
- Supporting the definition and implementation of the project test strategy
- Supporting the definition and implementation of the project BIT architecture including coverage requirements, BIT timings and system level BIT routines.
- Supporting the definition and implementation of the missile factory pass out testing used to ensure correct build of our product, supporting the manufacturing team with identifying the optimal test stages during production.
- Supporting the definition of the in service test routines on our missiles.
- Responsible for generating and managing compliance to the lower level test requirements placed upon design teams including test access needs, BIT coverage/timings and factory test functionality.
- Responsible for analysing and modelling our system to understand the test coverage and generate diagnostic instructions.
- Responsible for proposing and recommending, with the Chief Design Engineer, the cost vs test coverage trade-offs.
Ideally educated to degree level with experience of test, electrical or electronic engineering, ideally including at least one of the following:
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems.
- Analogue electronics.
- Electronics testing.
- Test equipment design.
Good understanding of:
- Experience in requirements capture.
- Project management and planning.
- Stakeholder management.
- Ability to influence stakeholders across the company.
- Determination and desire to succeed.
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Willingness to travel when required.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert