Manufacturing Operations Manager
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Circa £53,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
What we can offer:
- Bonus of up to 21.25% of basic salary
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 3-4 days onsite, 1-2 days remotely
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager to work in a high tech and process driven production environment. This role would be ideal for an individual who is ready for a new challenge, who would enjoy sharing their knowledge and experience to help influence and develop best practice whilst contributing to the delivery of strategic defence programmes of work.
- Assembly, integration and test of hardware to project requirements to time, quality and cost; includes the build of missiles and associated sub systems, prototype and early development hardware and test/trials equipment for use within an engineering environment and production build
- Managing day to day deployment of resources and facilities to meet programme needs through engagement and interaction with Manufacturing Operations Team Leaders and Manufacturing Planning & Control Managers
- Interaction with all Supply Chain interfaces as required and, where appropriate, influence in order to meet Manufacturing programme needs
- Safeguard the health and safety for all deployed resources within the areas of responsibility in accordance with company procedures and current legislation
- Support and promote Manufacturing performance initiatives
- Support to Manufacturing related contract closure activities as appropriate
- Proactive involvement of Manufacturing best practices and identification/quantification of appropriate investment plans whilst maximising efficient use of resource and facilities
- Support to industrial relations activities within the Manufacturing environment
- Ensure that the devolved quality ownership activities are undertaken and operations comply with MBDA Quality System and project quality plans
- Coordination of effective non-conformance management reviews
- Proactive involvement in the development of deployed staff
- Proven experience in Operations Management position
- Experienced in managing a team of circa 50 people
- Educated to HNC/HND standard or equivalent
- Experience in a Manufacturing or Engineering environment desirable
What's in it for you?
- This role offers the opportunity to manage the manufacture, assembly, integration and test of project requirements. This role will also provide many stimulating challenges, personal development opportunities and opportunities to influence business decisions at a senior level.
- Potential to progress to a Head of Manufacturing role for the right candidate.
Join a great team!
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliver in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team. The Operations Function is a hard working team that thrives on daily challenge and team success!
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert