Senior Finance Manager - Regulatory Reporting, and projects
- Scotland, Perth & Kinross / Scotland, Inverness, Highlands / Glasgow, Scotland
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Business & Finance
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Inverness or Aberdeen
Salary: £51,600 - 77,400 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This role will be responsible for leading the financial activities associated with Regulatory Reporting, Benchmarking and Efficiency Assessments, and Special Projects across Transmission Finance.
As a natural monopoly, our Transmission business is subject to regulatory oversight by the industry regulator, Ofgem. As such we have a 'Regulatory Contract' (referred often to as a Regulatory Licence) in which we are required to comply with a number of obligations and underpins our financial and business performance drivers. This is established during a comprehensive process called a Price Control Review which is a framework established by Ofgem to set the level and source of financial returns that are available to our regulated business with set performance contractual obligations. This Price Control framework is called RIIO and has been set for five years for the RIIO-T2 period i.e. from 2021 to 2026.
The complex regulatory funding and reporting across this period make this a senior finance role with exposure to the MD and Directors within the business.
- Leading on the annual and regular regulatory reporting including the Ofgem defined Regulatory Reporting Packs (RRPs) working with the wider business.
- Preparing extensive financial information and analysis to support business decisions covering driving efficiency and benchmarking.
- Developing the RRP and Business Plan requirements working with Regulation including ensuring it is fit for purpose and can be used consistently to assess for cost efficiency.
- Supporting regulatory submissions such as reopeners and ensuring definitions and cost estimations are clear and fully documented in line with Ofgem definitions for costs. As well as supporting the long-term financial planning for the Transmission business including understanding the business performance and strategy.
- Enhancing regulatory and financial reporting where required including aligning performance reporting with key performance drivers particularly unit costing analysis and cost drivers.
- Coordinating cost efficiency benchmarking process and representing SSEN Transmission within the sector with other Transmission Operators.
- Supporting core Finance Transformation projects with a focus on delivering tangible changes that will enhance financial insight, information, decision making, and reporting in line with the organisational and finance strategy.
- Reviewing CBAs and other investment appraisals as part of regulatory submissions and business plan documentation including working with Transmission Finance colleagues across Capital Investment throughout price control periods.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Have experience operating in a commercial finance role within a capital intensive business, leading a team with experience of and knowledge of a complex regulatory environment.
- Have relevant commercial finance expertise and working on financial models and cash flow projections to provide recommendations on project options to aid and challenge the capital programme.
- Co-ordinating, collating and reviewing capital investments financial forecasts and delivering reports and regulatory performance (5 year and beyond) insight.
- Able to manage and lead the financial and regulatory audit and reporting for SSE Networks including statutory financial statements, technical financial issues, and complex regulatory reporting.
- Adept at reviewing legal/contractual/regulatory documentation (primarily financial related elements).
- Appropriate Accounting qualification (ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA) and at least 5 years PQE in an equivalent role.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact on 01738 344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert