- Legrand Electric Ltd
- Scarborough, North Yorkshire
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Maintenance & Service, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Job Type
We are looking for a Maintenance Fabricator to join our maintenance Team at our Scarborough Site (YO11 3BY) on a permanent basis.
You will become a critical part in the support of manufacturing processes across the factory to enable production to be as efficient as possible.
What are we offering?
- Hours: 37.5Hrs/Week (Mon-Fri 07:30-15:30 with 30mins daily unpaid lunch break)
- Subject to 3-6 months’ probation
- Overtime: may be available if required
- Reporting to: Jeremy Teasdale
- Facilitate the on-time production of orders by ensuring good levels of machine uptime and to work closely with management on these issues
- Monitor and implement where necessary, modifications or repairs or report to site managers
- Assist management in keeping a sensible stock of spare parts, as well as taking ownership of stock control
- Maintain and fault find issues on machines and on-site
- Fault finding on production (mainly coil) lines
- Carry out solution to fault findings
- Liaise with management to design and manufacture new machines and maintenance
- Contribute to a high level of health & safety within the maintenance department and factory, reporting any unsafe practices of defective machines
- Use a variety of tools and press machines as appropriate to the role-job required
- Facilitate good levels of machine uptime by regular planned maintenance
- Support the investigation of machine breakdowns and advice to solve the problem when required
- Assist the team by performing other duties within your capabilities when requested
- Support others with knowledge share and training when required
What about you…?
- Knowledge of manufacture processes
- Be competent using hand tools, power tools and welding machine
- Capable of operating machines such as drills, grinders, or any other equipment considered essential
- Confident reading and using engineering measuring equipment, as well as working with engineers
- Able to understand 2D & 3D engineering drawings (CAD/CAM)
- Extraordinary hand-to-eye coordination
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team Self-motivated
- Good planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a demanding environment with tight production targets
- Practical hands-on approach to problem solving
- Quick learner and ability to work in safe manner
Bonus: Christmas & February
Group Personal Pension Plan: either 4.5% or 5% employer contribution available from start day
Holidays: 28 days/year + Public Bank Holidays + Holiday Purchase (up to 1 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance (up to x 3 times annual basic salary)
- Staff Sales
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Flu Vaccination
- Healthcare Cashplan
- Hotel and Car hiring discounts
- Online training
- Long Service Awards
- Enhance Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Comprehensive Special & Bereavement Leave schemes
- Healthcare Services (24/7 GP service, mental health support, wellbeing services) with AIG Smart Health
- Comprehensive Occupation Sick Pay
- Bike to Work Loan up to £1,200 loan
- IT equipment discount and NEtatmo discounts
Legrand has been manufacturing in the UK since 1980, and today has three main competencies, namely electronic, electrical and mechanical. Around 85% of products sold by the UK subsidiary are manufactured within the UK.
The UK company is organised into the following specialist business units: cable management, power distribution, wiring devices, assisted living and healthcare and data communications.
The Legrand Group is committed to providing every individual with the keys for both personal and collective development.
Enthusiasm, a determination to win and a desire to innovate are the driving forces behind our Company, which enable us to turn opportunities into commercial successes on a daily basis.
We offer those who join us opportunities to enhance their skills and further their careers. Through clear communication of our processes, we enable every individual to move towards a common Group identity with shared core values.
With emphasis on efficiency, innovation and a strong customer focus, we succeed in blending the talent of our people. That way, we can be successful in achieving our goals whilst creating a real family feeling of belonging to the Legrand Group.
Legrand continues its business development while paying particular attention to the working conditions of its employees, and its duties as a responsible employer. It bases its Human Resources policy on four principles: prevention and safety, skills management, dialogue and diversity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert