Stakeholder Engagement Manager
- Highlands, Scotland, Inverness / Scotland, Perth, Perth & Kinross
- Car allowance & Performance related bonus
- Closing date
- 9 Apr 2023
- Business & Finance
- Communications, Renewables
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Inverness or Contin
Salary: Circa £45,000 + car / car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Renewables is the leading developer, owner and operator of onshore and offshore wind farms in the UK and Ireland, with a vision to make renewable energy the foundation of a zero-carbon world.
We own nearly 2GW of operational onshore wind capacity in Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, and with over 1GW under development, it is an exciting time to be a part of the onshore team. Reporting to the Head of Onshore Stakeholder Engagement, as Stakeholder Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for developing and delivering effective stakeholder engagement and communications plans for onshore wind projects and assets that facilitate SSE Renewables to achieve its desired business outcomes.
As a Stakeholder Engagement Manager within the SSE Renewables Corporate Affairs Team, your role will be to build strong and effective relationships with communities and stakeholders, while also enhancing the value and protecting the reputation of SSE Renewables as a responsible developer.
Acting as a key interface between external stakeholders and colleagues in SSE Renewables' Onshore directorate, you will work closely with the development and operational teams, as well as with joint venture partners, to identify, manage and own opportunities and risks facing projects and assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Covering projects and assets across the north of Scotland you will be responsible for creating a strategy for communicating with, consulting and engaging external audiences and individuals who are critical for projects to progress positively through planning and into delivery.
- Establishing and maintaining trusted external relationships with stakeholders, including members of the public, elected representatives, and community organisations.
- Identifying opportunities for local collaboration, managing reputational risks, and ultimately delivering positive outcomes for both stakeholders and the business.
- Working closely with key project team members and Corporate Affairs colleagues working on public affairs, policy, media, communication and brand.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to:
- Have a track record of successfully liaising with communities, businesses and other stakeholders, demonstrated through your professional experience, preferably in the renewables or a related industry.
- Have the ability to proactively identify potential issues in order to engage, mitigate and respond to issues as they arise in order to achieve a successful outcome for all involved.
- Be adept at building trusted relationships, and effectively managing conflict and brokering solutions.
- Have strong communications skills and experience applying these across a range of platforms, depending on project and audience. For example, websites, social media, print media, letters, presentations, community events and meetings.
- Have excellent time management skills with the ability to manage a changeable workload and an ability to thrive on a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- A full UK driving licence.
About our Business
People in Corporate Affairs work collaboratively externally and internally to advise, influence and communicate in order to help SSE's businesses succeed and contribute to SSE being a leading energy provider in a low-carbon world. We have a wide range of audiences we want to reach including investors, competitors, governments, partners, suppliers, communities and prospective employees, and our Corporate Affairs team build and cultivate these relationships to help us get our story across.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert