Operations Overhead Linesperson
- Highlands, Inverness, Scotland
- £25703 - £39463 per annum
- Closing date
- 2 Apr 2023
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Inverness
Salary: £25,703 - £39,463 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Linesperson to join our Transmission Operations business based in Inverness supporting inspection and maintenance operations across the whole Scotland region.
The duties and responsibilities of the Operations Overhead Linesperson are:
- Be part of a team carrying out key inspection, maintenance & repair activities on our 132, 275 & 400kV Transmission overhead line networks.
- Responsible for the safety of yourself and colleagues, and act as ambassador for a strong safety culture in everything you do.
- Required to work outdoors in all weathers, and may also be required to respond to emergency situations.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Industry recognised OHL qualification with proven previous experience working at height on the electricity network.
- A qualification from a recognised overhead line training provider, experience and or a proven track record in construction, maintenance overhead line activities would be advantageous.
- Willingness to work away from home on occasion dependent upon workload and fault repairs.
- Comfortable working at height, enjoy working outdoors, whatever the weather.
- A good communicator with an ability to work well in a team environment, a sound understanding of our business and the environment we operate in, knowledge of current operations and maintenance activities, electrical systems and their geography would be beneficial.
- A full UK driving license is desirable or willingness to obtain one upon application is acceptable and assistance can be provided.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert