SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, and Havant.
Salary: £61,100 - £91,700 depending on skills and experience + car / car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As our Portfolio Project Manager, you will be a senior member of the development team, managing and energising a team of Development Project Managers. You will be responsible for leading a focused, multi-disciplinary project delivery team to successfully deliver a portfolio of onshore wind and new renewables projects in line with SSER's Net Zero Acceleration Plan (NZAP).
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Leading, supporting and managing a development team of approximately 3 to 5 development project managers, alongside a broader team of dedicated support services and specialist technical functions.
- Providing a robust review of project progress, risks and support, leading to effective and efficient decision making.
- Overseeing continuous improvement and managing the team's delivery of project Business Cases, ensuring the Portfolio's costs are tracked against budget and programme with a focus on value improvement with learnings shared across the teams.
- Managing the team to ensure delivery of governance requirements up to handover to construction, ensuring all information is recorded appropriately and used for Gate sign off.
- Ensuring an effective handover of projects from Development to Construction and any ongoing obligations are embedded in construction contracts and ongoing development support is given as required.
- Being the main point of engagement for key stakeholders, including but not limited to local authority senior figures and elected members, community representatives, government agencies, NGO's, industry bodies, JV partners, and supply chain partners.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive experience, preferably with managing teams in successfully delivering multiple large capital projects through the development and refinement phases, up to construction handover.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of project management systems, business cases and governance arrangements for large capital projects.
- The ability to articulate a clear aspiration for business growth and creating a culture that encourages and energises teamwork, diversity and inclusivity.
- A passion and enthusiasm for encouraging continuous improvement to ensure key deliverables are achieved.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.