Developer (Full Stack)
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- £40572.40 - £60944.92 per annum + Performance related bonus
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: €47,000 - €70,600 / £32,600 - £48,800 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
SSE Airtricity prides itself on its customer focus. We have recently implemented a cloud based contact centre, and aim to leverage this and other technologies to deliver exceptional customer service across all engagement channels.
The developer roles in this area will have a broad remit which includes analysis of system requirements and design, test, code and modify very complex programs and scripts to agreed company standards.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Identifying useful technologies.
- Undertaking technical leadership (high level business analysis and application design) and co-ordination on projects, and/or system maintenance tasks.
- Contributing to the definition of development standards in line with specifications.
- Working alongside a team of developers working in Agile in an ongoing Value Stream dedicated to delivering world class Customer Engagement solutions.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Multiple Agile environment SDLC under your belt including API development and integrations into 3rd party systems.
- Back End experience would include at least one of: Python, .Net Core, NodeJs, Go.
- Experience of development and support of cloud-based technology, for us, we mainly use Azure but would be open to those with AWS or GCP experience.
- Knowledge of SQL and/or Data Analytics
- Telephony experience with SIP, WebRTC.
- Proven Design experience with good documentation and communication skills and experience in meeting with business stakeholders and discussing requirements
- Other experience should include some of: Git, GitHub, GitFlow, CI/CD, Azure DevOps, creating user stories.
About our Business
SSE Airtricity is Ireland's second largest and fastest growing energy provider, supplying around 800,000 domestic and commercial gas, electricity and home energy services customers in the Republic and Northern Ireland. At SSE Airtricity we believe in making energy better. Around 40% of the electricity SSE Airtricity supplies to its customers on an island basis is generated from renewable sources - the greenest energy supply of any provider on the island and over three times the average on an all-island basis.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert