Head of Transformation Management Office (TMO)
- Reading, England, Berkshire / Scotland, Perth & Kinross, Perth / Glasgow, Scotland
- £61100 - £91700 per annum + PMI, bonus, car allowance
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Business & Finance
- Oil & Gas, Power
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however, need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSEN offices or depots around the UK.
Salary: £61,100 - £91,700 + car allowance + private medical cover + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: 12 months Fixed Term / Secondment | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Distribution has an ambitious and balanced plan to power communities to net-zero, and to support the delivery of this we are looking to recruit an equally ambitious Head of TMO (Transformation Management Office). You'll drive and mature our TMO, working with the business to optimise, deliver and embed the full scope of our transformation portfolio. The role will work with the TMO team as well as the relevant business and project teams to ensure an integrated and successful delivery of business change activities across all disciplines.
In this role, you'll be accountable for:
- Establishing and ensuring robust, safe and effective Transformation Portfolio delivery processes for:- governance; reporting; cost management; benefits management; risk management; strategic alignment; portfolio prioritisation & optimisation; portfolio analysis; scenario planning; and MI development.
- Centrally managing and driving the necessary governance, controls, and rigor, ensuring benefit realisation and risk mitigation against prioritised transformation change delivery to guarantee the changes are successfully embedded.
- Providing thought leadership and challenge in current operating methodologies to ensure we have a holistic focused portfolio view to build a coherent and integrated view of all programme activities, interdependencies and challenges.
- Working across teams and engaging with the right stakeholders to gain the level of input and expertise needed to progress our change goals with the resilience and determination needed to deliver, as well as in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity. Strategic thinking and the ability to see the bigger picture and align team activity to medium and long-term business / change goals.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of delivering large-scale projects and leading a Transformation Management team through delivery in a complex environment, ideally within an energy provider, or similar organisation.
- Qualified to practitioner level (Prince II, PMP or equivalent) with a background of programme management or able to provide examples of significant equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of key project processes, including status reporting, budgeting and estimating, planning, dependency management, risk and issue management, quality gates, risk management and change management.
- Well-developed communication skills: verbal, written and in presentations. The ability to sell ideas or benefits and build persuasive arguments based on data, logic and the objective merits of solutions.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net-zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stacey on 01738 342529
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert