Weapon System Equipment Requirements Engineer
- £32,000 - £45,000 DOE
- Closing date
- 4 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA is a leading defence organisation.We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary:£32 to £45k, dependent on experience.
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to circa £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking(and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Requirements engineering is an important skillset in the current design process; allowing accurate capture of user and technical needs, as well as analysis of compliance and traceability of the design throughout the product lifecycle.
If you are looking for a change in role, have a broad understanding of engineering principals or are unsure of your next career move, then this role is for you. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of engineering areas, alongside experienced engineers and technical experts, to be the technical author for a variety of Weapon System Equipment engineering specifications.
Weapon System Equipment plays a key role in the development and delivery of MBDA's products to our Customers.
We operate across the full range of Operational Commands including Land, Naval, Airborne and, increasingly, Novel Capability domains ensuring MBDA's systems remain at the forefront of defence capability. We specialise in providing physical design coherency across Weapon Systems for all phases of the development cycle and ultimately responsible for the system elements that our end users interact with.
Our Mission is to:
- Deliver world-class Systems, Subsystems and Equipment to our Customers Armed Forces
- Contribute to MBDA's international Weapon System Equipment Strategy, bringing the UK perspective to bear and balancing the need for technology re-use with the need to exploit emerging technology trends
- Apply the Weapon system Equipment Strategy to all new programmes, as well as through-life enhancement upgrades.
If you have a flair for accuracy and are able to bring clarity to engineering principals, you will be well suited to the Requirements Engineering / Technical Author role. You will have an appreciation for the need for structure in engineering processes and take responsibility for the capture of engineering requirements as part of the overall Weapon System and Subsystem development lifecycles.
As a requirements engineer, you should be able to demonstrate your ability to:
- Define appropriate requirements in an engineering context
- Engage with technical expertise across the business to review and validate requirements
- Understand configuration processes with respect to requirements management and lifecycles
- Develop and complete simple compliance matrices to compare concepts and solutions against the developed requirements
- Migrate requirements to a verification matrix. as the product approaches certification
In addition, as your knowledge and experience progresses, you may be expected to:
- Perform Technical Authoring duties
- Liaise with process owners and tool administrators to develop the requirements management toolchain
- Own and document the requirement configuration management processes
- Manage the certification process with independent assurance authorities
- Contribute to our international generic product definition and architecture strategies
- Tailor the process to manage both internally derived design goals for product re-use and more classical contract compliance strategies
Note: MBDA uses IBM DOORS as its tool of choice for requirements lifecycle management and configuration. We have projects using a mixture of DOORS classic and DOORS Next Generation. Skills in either would be advantageous but training can also be provided.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert