Hybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as This role is 37 hours per week, primarily based on site in Stevenage, with some flexibility around start/finish times as part of dynamic working arrangementsThe opportunity:
As shipping officer you will be responsible for arranging & overseeing all export shipments from site to destinations all over the world to meet customer demands by road, sea or air, in a timely manner whilst adhering to the MBDA processes to deliver a benchmark export and shipping service to the business
What we're looking for from you:
- Timely delivery of product in line with project demands
- Creation, completion and management of documentation required to effect export deliveries, to include, transport documents, hazardous goods note, customs formalities etc.
- Ensure topicality of Export Register, Transport Registers, Hazardous Goods Register
- Arrange UK and International transport movements. This also includes liaising closely with Security and Export control departments.
- Assist Export Control Department in compliance with regards to Export Licences
- Maintain topicality with all legislation up to and including prohibited weapons level
- Identify process improvements to create an efficient and cost effective service
- Day to day knowledge of all movements from site
- General day to day housekeeping, ensuring any required administrative duties are completed for each shipment, ensuring we are audit compliant at all times
- Keeping up to date with the archiving and scanning
- Promotion of functional excellence
- The successful candidate would be expected to undertake Known consignor training and remain compliant to the controls put in place.
- The successful candidate would be expected to undertake hazardous goods (ADR, IMDG, IATA) training and remain compliant to the controls put in place.
We are looking for an experienced shipping officer to join our team. You will bring with you experience in shipping and logistics within the UK and globally using road, sea and air transport.
You will prepare export documentation and will have good knowledge of incoterms and tariff codes. You will liaise and work closely with our in house export control team, customs department and our freight forwarders.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.