Shipping Officer - Stevenage
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
As shipping officer you will be responsible for arranging & overseeing all export shipments from site to destinations all over the world to meet customer demands by road, sea or air, in a timely manner whilst adhering to the MBDA processes to deliver a benchmark export and shipping service to the business
- Timely delivery of product in line with project demands
- Creation, completion and management of documentation required to effect export deliveries, to include, transport documents, hazardous goods note, customs formalities etc.
- Ensure topicality of Export Register, Transport Registers, Hazardous Goods Register
- Arrange UK and International transport movements. This also includes liaising closely with Security and Export control departments.
- Assist Export Control Department in compliance with regards to Export Licences
- Maintain topicality with all legislation up to and including prohibited weapons level
- Identify process improvements to create an efficient and cost effective service
- Day to day knowledge of all movements from site
- General day to day housekeeping, ensuring any required administrative duties are completed for each shipment, ensuring we are audit compliant at all times
- Keeping up to date with the archiving and scanning
- Promotion of functional excellence
- The successful candidate would be expected to undertake Known consignor training and remain compliant to the controls put in place.
- The successful candidate would be expected to undertake hazardous goods (ADR, IMDG, IATA) training and remain compliant to the controls put in place.
We are looking for an experienced shipping officer to join our team. You will bring with you experience in shipping and logistics within the UK and globally using road, sea and air transport.
You will prepare export documentation and will have good knowledge of incoterms and tariff codes. You will liaise and work closely with our in house export control team, customs department and our freight forwarders.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert