Customer Relations Advisor
- England, Hampshire, Portsmouth
- £25000 - £27000 per annum
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- Business & Finance
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
About the role
Base Location: Portsmouth, this role will be fully office based.
Salary: £25,703 - £29,879 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Onsite
As a Customer Relations Advisor, you will work within our Customer Contact Centre, where you will support our Customer Service and Operational teams to provide solutions and give the best possible service to our customers who have raised a complaint.
You will be required to work between the hours of 8.00am - 8.00pm, Monday - Friday, and occasional Saturdays.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate effectively and guide our stakeholders internally and externally at all levels in their decision making to resolve issues and uphold SSENs reputation.
- You will support our customers with their complaints, working with them to reach a resolution and by taking them through our Complaint Handling Process.
- You will be allocated your own cases to resolve, responsibilities include contacting your customer in the promised timescales, investigating their queries or concerns, and producing a co-ordinated company response.
- You will ensure complaints are fully compliant, by following GDPR on all contacts to ensure customer data is secure, ensuring customers are aware of their rights.
- You will ensure all timescales and key milestones are met by effectively using the database to log and file complaints correctly.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Customer Service experience including complaints handling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- There are some technical aspects of this role that our amazing team will support and train you in, so it's important that you have a thirst for knowledge and enjoy learning new things.
- You should be organised, flexible and self-motivated, with strong time management skills.
- Be solution focussed and have pride in the service that you provide, ensuring our timelines are met and customers are receiving the best outcomes.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on or 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert