Systems Engineers (Product Lifecycle Management)
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- England, Berkshire / Hampshire, England, Basingstoke
- £33850 - £43000 per annum
- Closing date
- 7 Apr 2023
- Control & Instrumentation, Design, Mechanical, Project Engineering, Systems
- Consultancy, Defence, Manufacturing, Nuclear Industry, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
AWE is currently recruiting for Systems Engineers in the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) team. Candidates will be involved in helping to modernise, digitise, centralise, and synergise capability in managing the product lifecycle efficiently, safely, and securely through an integrated set of PLM processes.
These PLM processes are in support of maintaining the UK's Continuous At Sea Deterrent (CASD).
Systems Engineers (Product Lifecycle Management)
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £33,850.00 - £43,000.00 (dependent on experience)
Closing date: 11th April 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration
Successful candidates will demonstrate an excellent understanding of product lifecycle management methodologies and tools, as they will be helping the organisation to deliver the people, process, and technologies to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders. Candidates will also be involved in our in-flight transformation project, ODIN, and the under-arching change projects within it. On the job training will be provided.
The key role responsibilities are:
- To have a good understanding, develop and be able to manage PLM technical processes
- Identify future PLM upgrade options and areas of under-utilised capabilities that will add value to the Business
- Work with stakeholders and SMEs to enable sprints, project work and ensure delivery through the life of the project
- Work with the BRM, PLM Product and Delivery Manager to assess future demand
- Implement changes and new systems or programs within the group
- Liaise with specialist PLM contractors and suppliers
- Attend supplier briefings and conferences to stay up to date with new releases
- Participate in Review, Learn and Improve activities and implement the outcomes to ensure the continued development and implementation of best practice
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs
To be successful for these roles, we would like you to have:
- A Degree in Engineering, or an equivalent STEM-based discipline, equivalent NQF level 6 qualification or equivalent experience. A specialism in one or more of the following areas will be advantageous:
- ITIL 3/4 experience.
- Member or Chartered Status of a Professional Organisation such as BCS
- Working knowledge of computing and IS/IT trends and technologies
- Working level of experience in conducting technical assessments to draw sound conclusions and ability to communicate to non-technical audiences
- Clear and concise communication approach, both oral and written
- Strong and organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload for self, ensuring timely deliver
- Methodical approach to complex problem solving using technical knowledge
- Flexibility during times of change
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert