Maintenance Craftsperson - Electrical
- Alvance British Aluminium Ltd
- Fort William, Highland
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Electrical, Maintenance & Service
- Industrial, Manufacturing, Power, Renewables
- Job Type
- Graduate, Early Career, Engineer
Responsible for supporting production and the continued running of the plant, by carrying out Reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks, in a compliant and safe manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Complete all necessary maintenance and changeover activities to agreed timescales.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance is carried out on plant equipment in a safe manner.
- Follow written isolation procedures involving multiple points of isolation to control hazardous energy.
- Diagnose and fault find electrical equipment failures.
- Maintain a working environment that has a high standard of housekeeping.
- Correctly use and maintain PPE
- Correct use and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Report and assist in the analysis of incidents or potential hazards.
- Maintain accurate work reports on CMMS.
- Do not conduct any task without a suitable and sufficient Risk Assessment in place and briefed to all involved including a Take 5.
- Before use, ensure that all tools, plant or equipment are fully efficient, safe and guarded as necessary. Highlight any defective tools, plant or equipment not to be used until it has been replaced or repaired.
- Work in a safe manner, avoid taking unnecessary risks and avoid improvisation which entails risk.
- Will not allow any person under their charge to carry out any tasks for which they have not been adequately trained.
- Report all accidents and incidents immediately to their manager.
- Give clear instructions which incorporate safety aspects and ensure they are adhered to.
- Conduct as and when any other HSEQ related activities that is required by the business.
- Electrical Engineering, recognised apprenticeship, time served.
- Confident and capable to assess situations.
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Skilled in the hands-on repair of all plant and equipment, have an ability to fault find, read drawings, diagnose and repair using their technical knowledge on equipment.
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving using a logical approach, good understanding of health and safety ad-hoc regulations.
- Must be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication.
Relocation Package Terms
You will have entitlement to a relocation package which will include Solicitors fees, Estate Agents fees, and removal costs up to a maximum of £8,000. Subject to 3 quotes, reimbursement will be paid on receipt of satisfactory invoices. We also agree to pay the cost of temporary accommodation for your first three months in Fort William plus a settling in allowance of one months’ salary less tax and insurance.
If the employment is terminated within 24 months, by either party, the Company will require the reimbursement for the entire amount of your relocation costs.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- 8 public holidays (4 static, 4 floating)
- Option of 4.5 day working week (Mon-Fri)
- Company pension contribution from 4% up to 9%
- AVIVA Life Assurance (6 times the salary)
- BHSF Cash Health Care Plan
- Onsite Gym and access to a variety of Employee wellness initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Support Grant, £1000 for each child in university paid annually
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Employee Reward and recognition programme
- Employee Discounts – Inclusive Rewards (Discounts, Cashback, Salary Sacrifice schemes), Local Discounts (Shops, Home Heating Oil etc)
Interested? Please send your CV below.
ALVANCE is a global integrated aluminium business, part of the GFG Alliance, which brings together assets across the aluminium supply chain – from raw materials through to semi-finished components.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert