Quotation Team Manager
- Hampshire, England, Portsmouth
- £42691 - £49626 per annum
- Closing date
- 7 Apr 2023
- Electrical, Maintenance & Service, Other
- Job Type
- Engineering Manager
About the Role
Base Location: Portsmouth
Salary: £42,691 - £49,626 and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Office based
We are looking for a Quotation Team Manager to join our team!
As a Quotation Team Manager, you will ensure that the quotations delivered by the minor connections team are accurate, compliant and meet all standards and regulatory requirements across all four regions in The South of England (SEPD - Wessex, Thames Valley, South East, Ridgeway)
The Quotation Team Manager is responsible for the team who will carry out detailed quotation for the minor connection market.
You will maximise and improve the customer experience and their journey through their new connection.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Responsible for the Minor Connections Quoters, assisting the quoters with daily prioritisation/workflow and instructions to ensure the most appropriate and cost-effective detailed design solutions.
- Responsible for managing the Time To Quote for each job and liaise with other departments for controlling late clock starts, re-quotes, market segment changes.
- Driving quality and productivity by managing the workload of the team and driving more accurate jobs by pro-actively reviewing incoming jobs before allocation and dealing with anomalies with the application team.
- Support internal stakeholders like the delivery team, customer experience team, advisors and complaints team throughout the life cycle of jobs, providing an escalation route while ensuring technical support from application to delivery job completion.
- Lead, motivate, and empower your team to deliver and achieve their full potential by actively encourage staff engagement, team building and the recognition of excellent performance.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to:
- Be educated to a City and Guilds Level in Electrical Engineering, or similar with extensive industry knowledge and/or relevant experience.
- Have great people management skills and a proven track record of leading, coaching and motivating teams.
- Have design experience in a closely regulated environment, preferably with experience in a quotation.
- Sound ability to understand and respond to KPI metrics of work output (Time to Quote and Broad Measure) with effective communication to the team and wider business.
- Be able to forecast and plan jobs with prioritisation while tightly managing KPIs.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert