Senior Systems Engineer - Hybrid Working
- General Dynamics UK
- Blackwood, Caerphilly - Hybrid Working
- Up to £52k p/a and an attractive benefits package.
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Design, Systems
- Aerospace & Aviation, Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer
Do you have Systems Engineering experience, and are you seeking a new job in South Wales?
If so, we'd love to hear from you! General Dynamics Mission Systems UK is looking for a skilled Senior Systems Engineer to join our welcoming team. This full-time systems engineering role comes with an attractive salary of £41.6k to £52k and benefits package, including the chance to join a collaborative and inclusive team.
As a dedicated Senior Systems Engineer, you will significantly contribute to integrating, testing, and delivering C4I systems on GDUK programmes by applying world-class systems engineering expertise.
In your first few weeks in this systems engineering job, you can expect to:
- Analyse complex systems to define strategies for integrating third-party applications
- Create and develop test requirements, scripts and plans per the system documentation
- Provide a representation of the systems under test through Model-Based Systems Engineering and the System Modelling Language (SysML)
- Support the development of integration and testing strategies
To apply for this Senior Systems Engineer role, you will need a degree in a relevant engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or IT discipline or an equivalent wide range of relevant experience. You will also require broad competence in systems engineering, integration, and testing. In addition, you must manage and work well in a small team environment. The ability to create well-structured technical documents per a published schedule is also essential.
Some regular working on site will be required typically 2 or 3 days a week.
In return for your dedication, collaboration and commitment, you will receive a generous salary and benefits package, joining a welcoming and inclusive culture.
Please reach out to General Dynamics Mission Systems' friendly and welcoming team today to apply and register your interest in this full-time Senior Systems Engineer position in Oakdale. We look forward to hearing from you!
The full Job Description is available via the link to our website.
Our Company benefits
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we are leading the way in avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace - inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts, and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we welcome you to join our inclusive team!
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity we welcome in particular applications from women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and ethnic minority groups.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, as such we offer an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your application to be considered under the DC Scheme.
We are one of the UK’s leading defence companies and an important supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence. What sets us apart is not only our 60+ years of experience, but our commitment to providing an innovation-driven workplace for some of the best and brightest minds in the UK defence industry.
We have established a worldwide reputation for excellence in delivering multi-domain C4ISR solutions, Armoured Fighting Vehicle capability, and next-generation avionics systems.
Our colleagues innovate on a daily basis to meet our customers’ unique mission and land systems requirements. While each individual brings their unique and valued expertise, personality, interests and perspectives to the organisation, one thing unites us all – our ongoing commitment to excellence, community, and teamwork.
General Dynamics UK is part of General Dynamics Corporation, one of the top five defence companies in the world. General Dynamics, headquartered in Reston, Virginia, employs approximately 100,000 people worldwide. The Company is a market leader in business aviation; land and expeditionary combat systems; armaments and munitions; shipbuilding and marine systems; and information systems and technologies.
In the UK we are structured around two main businesses:
Land Systems and Mission Systems.
Our solutions include:
- Avionic systems
- C4I systems - Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information
- Digitised training solutions and services
- ISTAR (Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition & Reconnaissance) systems
- Modelling, simulation and experimentation systems
- Armoured Fighting Vehicles (AFV)
- (0) 1495 787 200
Unit 1 and 3
Oakdale Business Park
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert