Do you have software engineering experience and are seeking a new job in the Hastings area? General Dynamics Mission Systems UK is looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer. The role comes with an attractive salary of up to £52,000 p/a and a benefits package, including flexible working.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help us develop the next generation of avionics systems. You will be responsible for requirements analysis, design, implementation and verification of embedded Avionics software components as part of a wider team. Some regular working on site will be required typically 1 or 2 days a week; lab integration work will be on site.
In your first few weeks in this Senior Software Engineer role, you can expect to undertake the following:
- Development of architectural concepts
- Requirements Analysis, design, implementation and verification of software components
- Technical leadership and mentoring of junior software engineers
- Achieving design assurance needs to time scale and budget
To apply for this Senior Software Engineer role, you will need relevant software engineering and domain competence across most of the aspects captured below:
- Experience of significant parts of the software development lifecycle, from requirements to verification and validation
- Embedded software development using procedural languages like C, Ada or Rust
- Understanding of operating systems, preferably including Linux
Our Company benefits
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
In return for your dedication, collaboration and commitment, you will receive a generous salary and benefits package, joining a welcoming and inclusive culture.
Please reach out to our team today to apply and register your interest for this Full-time Senior Software Engineer position in Hastings. They'd be thrilled to hear from you. We'd love to help you get your next role and enable you to fulfil your professional ambitions.
General Dynamics Mission Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems in St Leonards on Sea currently provide a wide range of Avionic Mission Computing Systems for a wide range Military Fast Jets, Helicopters and UAV’s. Recent success has resulted in General Dynamics developing the next generation of Advanced High Performance, Safety Critical Mission Computer Systems to meet the needs of latest platforms in development by several aircraft manufacturers. These Mission Computing Systems provide the functionality that integrates aircraft systems, sensor systems and weapon systems with the information and control systems required by the aircrew to meet the demanding operational needs of these aircraft.
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we are leading the way in avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace - inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts, and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we welcome you to join our inclusive team!
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity we welcome in particular applications from women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and ethnic minority groups.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, as such we offer an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
Please email email@example.com if you would like your application to be considered under the DC Scheme.