- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary:£40,000 to circa £50,000 (dependent on experience) plus bonus and benefits
- Bonus of up to £2000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site (Stevenage only)
- Excellent career progression/development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 50% onsite and 50% remote.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join our Bolton Manufacturing team.
This is an exciting time to be at the forefront of change, as part of our new dynamic vision for Europe.
What we're looking for from you:
- Project /Programme Management experience - ideally gained in a matrix organisation
- Strong risk management skills and knowledge
- Sound business judgement and appreciation of complex problems
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- Ability to embrace new challenges and deal with a level of ambiguity
- Experience of managing projects from a business perspective, including EVM, schedule adherence and schedule risk assessments.
- Negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships and work collaboratively across various levels in an organisation
- Drive and motivation in leading project teams to strive for excellence in the face of adversity
- Engage, share standard methodology and find opportunities for innovation
- Working in an exciting, complex and changing environment, there are opportunities to add value and make a difference in delivering capability to our customers.
- A great platform to embed your partner management skills, across a diverse multi-functional, international, organisation.
- Exposure to working within a vibrant Project Management community
- Opportunity to gain professional/accredited project management qualification
- Career progression opportunities within and outside the Project Management function
- High level of integration between functional directorates and customers within UK and our European counterparts.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert