Supply Services Officer
- up to £38,000 depending on experience
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
This is a unique opportunity to work within a varied and challenging Customer Support environment!
You will be part of a small Supply Team, which manages all the Spares and Repairs requirements of our global Customer base. Supply activities span all of our "in-service" products, which involves the provisioning and supply of simple Spares through to management of complex Repair(s) of major sub-systems.
These activities involve working with Project Teams, Engineering, Manufacturing, External Suppliers, and many other functions which are involved in the process such as Commercial, Finance, Purchasing and Procurement. There will also be opportunities to work with our international colleagues on some of our multinational projects, and also on some of our functional improvement programmes.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally you will hold a level 3 or above qualification relating to business studies or have relevant experience in either a procurement function or manufacturing environment.
- Experience of using an MRP/ERP system, in particular a working knowledge of SAP would be highly desirable.
- You should be able to analyse problems, consider possible solutions and use your experience and influencing skills to deliver a satisfactory solution.
- You must be able to work in a fast paced environment, often managing tight deadlines and maintaining deliverables within defined budgets.
What's in it for you?
- This role will help you understand a dynamic aspect of the business, increase your commercial awareness, giving you an insight into the variety of support activities that MBDA provides to our Customers.
- It will give you the opportunity to work on some of the innovative Support Solutions being developed for the UK Customer, who is always striving for cost effective solutions.
- You will be involved in supporting major projects from a Spares & Repairs perspective, which provides an interesting and challenging environment.
- You will have the opportunity to learn new skills, primarily through "on the job training", but some basic training courses may be provided, when new tools and techniques are needed.
- This role gives you the chance to develop your current skills which could lead to future career progression both within the directorate and in the wider company functions.
- There may be opportunities to travel to other MBDA sites as well as suppliers both within the UK and our European partner nations at an appropriate time.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert