Overhead Line Inspector
- Hampshire, England, New Forest
- £25703 - £29879 per annum
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Job Type
Overhead Line Inspector - Wessex
About the Role
Base Location: Wessex area - covering New Forest, Southampton, Salisbury, Poole, Bournemouth, Yeovil
Salary: £25,703 - £29,879 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Want to join our maintenance and inspection team in SSEN?
- Your role will be to walk and survey overhead lines recording information on a hand-held GPS device to ensure the quantity of overhead lines surveyed are kept to the planned target.
- This will cover both customer distribution poles and lines as well as up to 33kv overhead routes.
- The information you collate will be accurate to ensure we comply with Health and Safety Regulations and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
- You will be able to identify potential faults with the overhead distribution network and follow the escalation process to get resource to site.
- This is a lone working role at times and you must be self-motivated and driven to meet the tight deadlines where you will identify and implement innovative and effective business improvements. You will be supplied with a vehicle, tools and kit to carry out the role whilst being committed to working safely at all times.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An understanding of the ESQC Regulations would be beneficial. Safety is one of our key priorities, so you should have the ability to risk assess activities throughout your working day and to work within our Health and Safety guidelines.
- The ability to work flexibly to meet business requirements.
- Excellent customer service, organisational and problem solving skills and enjoy working outdoors in all conditions and have knowledge of map reading.
- A basic level of fitness is required as this is a physically demanding role.
- Although based in your local area, you may be required to work anytime and anywhere within the country to service business demands so a driving license is essential.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Robert on 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert