Lead Business Analyst - Enhance
- Berkshire, Reading, England
- Closing date
- 9 Apr 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK.
Salary: £ Competitive + Performance Related Bonus and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Distributed Energy are on an exciting growth trajectory. The Digital Services team are expanding and are looking to fill a new and exciting role, Business Architect, within the team. Reporting to the Technology Development Manager you will be responsible for the development of functional and non-functional requirements for SSE Enhance Optimisation Platform products delivering optimisation services for the Distributed Energy Business.
The role would be responsible for development of functional requirements and wider business product delivery for SSE Enhance demand energy response management software, used to manage the optimisation of a large portfolio of SSE and third party assets, including Battery Energy Storage and Gas Peakers.
The ideal candidate would have experience of IIoT and SCADA technologies in the energy industry ideally within delivery of Demand Energy Resource Management Systems.
Requirement elicitation through conducting workshops/interviews, followed by analysis, high level solution design.
- Development of functional and non-functional specification documentation.
- Identifies and determines complex end-to-end business processes impacting multiple discrete business areas using all available methods.
- Undertakes responsibility for OT data security by ensuring that rules and practices are identified.
- Sprint Planning using Azure DevOps.
- Manage software testing and end to end testing of digital products.
- Develop training documentation and deliver end user training.
- Designing end-to-end business processes for business readiness
- Support product lifecycle process.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Deep understanding of Distributed Energy Resource Management systems and Market Management Systems.
- Experience of National Grid balancing services technical and commercial specifications in addition to other regulatory requirements for participating in the Balancing Mechanism.
- An understanding of battery storage operations and Solar generation types.
- Significant experience of working in a technology sector specifically with IoT cloud-based platforms and networking.
- A track-record for supporting the development of high quality solutions for complex projects meeting all deliverables.
- Be a team player and great communicator who can positively influence internal and external stakeholders by presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Be proactive and can translate user cases and stories into functional and non-functional specifications.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management. In order to accelerate progress towards net zero SSE Group is investing £7m a day on low carbon infrastructure, creating 1,000 green jobs a year in the process, as part of its £25bn NZAP (Net Zero Acceleration Programme).
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert