Missile Test Equipment Equipment Manager
- Closing date
- 4 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: £45-55K dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern : Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - such as typically working from home 2/3 days per week.
MBDA are looking for experienced test equipment engineers that want to use their knowledge in a system/sub system management role. The role includes determining the project test equipment needs, managing the requirements for test equipment and managing the development through delivery and into service. In this role, you will be responsible for the projects test equipment and reporting into the Chief Design Engineer
The department is responsible for the test architecture of our missiles, specifying and analysing the missile built in test, specifying the production testing requirements and managing the specification and delivery of the missile test equipment.
What we're looking for from you:
- Responsible for the project test equipment strategy including commonality approach, TE quantities and TE use cases.
- Responsible for the definition of the TE Technical Requirements, soliciting requirements from all stakeholders and managing any conflicting requirements,
- Proposing and recommending to the Chief Design Engineer trade-offs.
- Responsible for the TE Statement of Work.
- Responsible for managing any TE Design trades.
- Responsible for managing the delivery of the TE from our internal TE design team. Acting as the sole point of contact between the project and the designers, tracking and reporting on progress and issues.
- Responsible for the delivery of the TE to time, cost and quality.
- Responsible for managing the TE, this includes integration with our facilities, obsolescence and upgrade strategy and continuous improvement of the TE.
Ideally educated to degree level with substantial experience of test, electrical or electronic engineering, ideally including at least one of the following:
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems.
- Analogue electronics.
- Electronics testing.
- Test equipment design.
Good understanding of:
- Experience in requirements capture.
- Project management and planning.
- Stakeholder management.
- Ability to influence stakeholders across the company.
- Determination and desire to succeed.
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Willingness to travel when required.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert