Aerospace Mission Systems & Avionics Engineers
Location: Preston Area
Job type: Permanent/ Contract
Delkia is a specialist Systems Integrator (SI) operating throughout the UK and Internationally for safety-related and mission-critical systems in highly regulated sectors, including Aerospace, Maritime, Defence and Nuclear.
Our offering includes system integration, engineering design, technical consultancy, and complex control systems support, all of which are harnessed specifically for each project’s needs, maturity and technology requirements.
Delkia are looking to grow its Mission Systems and Avionics capabilities to meet the demands of new and existing partnerships. As such we can offer a wide range of exciting opportunities for experienced Systems Engineers (both permanent staff and sub-contract) across the Mission & Avionic System Lifecycle, including System Architecting, Requirements Management, System/Subsystem/Equipment Specification and detail design, Supplier Management, System Test, Qualification/Certification.
Overview of the role
Delkia are looking to fill several current and future systems engineering roles working with our partners to provide Mission & Avionics Systems capability solutions.
Applicants must be familiar with the ISO-15288 systems engineering lifecycle and have associated experience and knowledge in its application across one or more of the following domains: Displays & Controls, Sensors, Stores Integration, Communications, Navigation, Vehicle Health Management, Data Transmission, Federated Architectures, Ground Support Systems.
Key Roles will include:
• Mission / Avionic System Integration
• Mission / Avionic System Concepts
• System / Sub-System Functional Design
• System / Sub-System Qualification
• Cockpit / Displays & Controls Design
• Equipment Engineering Technical Management of Suppliers
• Advising on In-Service Fault Investigations and Queries
Desired Qualifications / Prerequisites:
• Engineering Degree qualified or equivalent
• 5-10 years’ experience in Avionic Equipment/Systems Engineering domain.
• Demonstrable experience and training of critically reviewing product related regulations and standards establishing a robust process to assuring customer deliverables
• Expertise in the principles and application of ARP 4754, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-200, RTCA DO-254, and RTCA DO-330 or Equivalents
• An in-depth understanding of the full product lifecycle of programmes particularly for the UK MoD and the MoD customer acquisition processes
• Systems engineering lifecycle knowledge (ISO15288.1) from Concepting and requirements through design and development to test & qualification
• Understanding of model-based design and model-based systems engineering including qualification and certification
• Familiar with associated Avionic supply chains and capabilities
• Ability to lead and develop others
• Experience in high integrity and safety critical applications
• Experience in associated engineering tools and methodologies such as PLM, DOORs, Statemate, UML, Dimensions CM, PCMS, SysML, MATLAB, Simulink
• Dedication to quality, configuration, reliability, security and safety with a data and evidence driven mindset
• SC Clearance or ability to attain
• MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), and CAD / PLM / ERP literacy
Based in Preston and Cumbria, Delkia is a specialist Systems Integrator in systems engineering design and systems integration in the Aerospace, Maritime and Defence and Nuclear sectors.
To deliver innovative value-for-money products and services to customers to enable safe and secure operations.
To become the leading British Systems Integrator and partner of choice for high-integrity and mission-critical systems.
• Collaboration and Teamwork
• Integrity, Trust and Accountability
• Safety and Security
• Client Focused
• Social Value and Impact
• Continuous Improvement
Delkia is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Must be suitable to meet security vetting requirements.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
How to apply:
Please send your CV below.