Solution Architect (International Travel)
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Guildford, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 28 Apr 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
International Solution Architect
Our international clients include commercial businesses, governments and defence organisations focussed on their national cyber mission, national security or international solutions. We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Solution Architect to join our fast growing International Solutions division. Where our customers' core missions are defending themselves and their country in the cyber, intelligence and wireless domains.
About the job:
As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for a whole solution architecture or major components / aspects of a complex solution, designing solutions to meet the customer requirements, drawing upon existing products and components, as well as new development or integrations.
What you will be doing:
- Represent the company, in front of customers. Our customers are typically governments or critical national infrastructure companies.
- Travelling overseas from time to time to meet with customers or global engineering teams.
- Understanding and influence our customers’ requirements and challenges in their core mission.
- Designing solutions working with teams across the business to determine how their technology can be used to solve your customer’s problems, and where new technology should be developed.
- Solutions include high performance software, hardware accelerated data processing, colossal scale data analytics, secure cloud and mission use case aligned user interfaces.
- Creating high level and low level designs.
- Lead estimation efforts to rapidly develop an understanding of potential costs and delivery timescales.
- Retain overall ownership of a solution through delivery and transition into operation.
- Act as the point of authority for complex engineering designs and challenges, both internally and in front of customers.
- Oversee and assure the implementation of your solution designs
What experience are we looking for?
Solution engineering experience in a high-performance environment from requirements and sizing through design and build to acceptance and test. Experience designing solutions where reference designs do not apply and need understanding of how a technology works to adapt it to a specific set of challenging requirements. You will have experience in multiple of the below.
- Experience of ‘whole solution architecture’ or major components / aspects of a complex solution.
- Designing solutions to meet the customer requirements, drawing upon existing products and components, as well as new development or integrations.
- Mission use case extraction from customers and derivation in to solution requirements.
- Documenting designs at solution architecture level for customers and internally to technical and non-technical teams.
- Interacting and presenting to both internal and external stakeholders to understand, influence and shape requirements and solution approaches.
- Data-intensive systems - acquisition, processing, storage and exploitation, with emphasis on performance as well as functionality of data flows across multiple solution components.
- Designing solutions suitable for engineering and deployment by modern agile and CI/CD approaches.
- Creating solutions for new opportunities.
In addition to candidates with extensive experience in these areas we are also looking for those working in adjacent design and architecture areas looking for an opportunity to move in to a broader Solution Architect role.
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE Systems
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and well being.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government security clearance at BPSS Level and ideally eligible for SC clearance in the future. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert