Software Asset Management Requests and Renewals Analyst
- England, Reading, Berkshire
- £32600 - £48800 per annum + Bonus
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK and Ireland however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites.
Salary: £32,600 - £48,800 + Performance-Related Bonus and a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The main purpose of the Software Asset Management Requests and Renewals Analyst is to oversee and perform the processes associated with the periodic renewal of SSE ITs software licence agreements, and the day-to-day requests in support of the new and increased software licence needs of the SSE user base.
Key Responsibilities are
- Day-to-day activities associated with the end-to-end process of procuring new or additional software licences, including liaising with SSEs Value Added Reseller network, the SSE Procurement and Commercial teams, and the SSE Finance teams.
- Budgetary approval for below-£10k software licence requests.
- Oversee and contribute to the overall process of renewing SSE ITs software licence agreements.
- Oversee the provision of licence keys and files, installation media, and physical licence "dongles".
- Contribute to the annual SSE IT software budgeting process.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Good knowledge of software licensing techniques and procedures and the software licensing renewals process.
- Experience of working with Value Added Resellers and third party suppliers.
- Awareness of procurement, finance and budgeting processes.
- Strong people skills, collaborative team player, with a professional and positive attitude.
- Customer focused approach with a strong attention to detail, able to deliver under pressure whilst building relationships.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert