Principal Process Engineer
- Closing date
- 7 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to circa £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. The role is 37 hours per week with flexi-start and finish times. There is the opportunity to work from home as part of dynamic working arrangements in line with the needs of the business. There is an expectation that the majority of time is spent on-site.
An exciting new opportunity has become available within the Manufacturing Engineering function for a Principal Process Engineer to join the Circuit Card Assembly team.
You will be responsible for various technical aspects and lead continuous improvement activities, representing the manufacturing team at various technical forums. You will support the development of skills and capabilities of the team and solve technical problems, gaining an in-depth knowledge of our Circuit Card Assembly processes and requirements.
The opportunity also allows you to grow your knowledge within manufacturing and help drive your development into future opportunities. Industrial Validation, manufacturing architecture and factory of the future principles are some of the work packages that provide stretched objectives for such growth.
What we're looking for from you:
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Formal further education certificate to HND or equivalent in a relevant subject
- BEng in relevant Engineering Degree
- In-Depth knowledge of Circuit Card Assembly Processes and Technologies
- Experience in Circuit Card Manufacturing or Design
- Be highly motivated and enthusiastic, to support a hard-working team
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to process improvements
- Be a recognised point of contact for technical process enquiries
- Proficient in manufacturing systems such as: ERP systems, Manufacturing Execution System etc.
- Training in IPC J Std-001 and IPC-610 would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Electro Static Discharge and its prevention would be beneficial
- An opportunity to support manufacturing and be part of rate increases on key programmes and driving continuous improvements
- Develop new skills and techniques, taking a key technical role in a process engineering team
- Technically challenging, varied and rewarding work
- Interaction with numerous internal and external customers and suppliers
- Become a valued member of an established but growing team
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert