MBDA is a leading defence organisation.We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
Up to £48,000 dependent on experience + bonus + overtime +benefitsWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Bonus of up to circa £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking(and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working-
such as self determining whether the activities need completing require onsite working, and if not then it is personal choice as to whether to work from the office or home. It should be noted that this is an integration and trials role, so there is likely to require working from the office, labs and trials sites, so working from home may not always be possible.The opportunity:
We are looking for a Systems Integration Engineer to join the Integration and System Validation team for the Mission Support System of the Future Cruise/Anti-Ship Weapon.
We are looking for a broadly skilled Systems Proving Engineer, who will be able to:
- Work with partners across the project, within partner companies and from the customer community, to plan trials to demonstrate integration and gather evidence to qualify the FC/ASW Mission Support System.
- Analyse and report on in-depth analysis of the system behaviour across its internal and external interfaces.
- Deliver trials in a number of environments, including:
- Virtualised software platforms
- Lab-based integration and functional rigs
- Ground-based platform representations
- Platform integration and acceptance trials, including naval harbour and sea trials
- Platform firing trials
- Conduct and support failure investigation and isolation activities across the system
- Supporting safe and reliable trials, including developing and maintaining risk assessments, management of hardware and software assets and control of hardware and software configuration.
This role will involve travel within the UK, with opportunities to travel abroad likely to be available.What we're looking for from you:
We are looking for experience from these environments:
- Systems Integration
- System Qualification and Proving
- System Assessment and Acceptance
- Software Test
- Network Integration and Proving
- Automated System Verification and Analysis
Experience in these areas would also be beneficial, though formal and on-the-job training will be available:
What to expect:
- Experience with the IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management toolset
- Experience with the Jira management toolset
- Experience working with software containers, continuous integration and test, or automated deployment processes
- Experience with software and script writing, for either analysis or developing tooling
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information!Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!