Systems Integration and Proving Engineer
- Up to £48,000 DOE
- Closing date
- 4 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary:Up to £48,000 dependent on experience + bonus + overtime +benefits
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to circa £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking(and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working-such as self determining whether the activities need completing require onsite working, and if not then it is personal choice as to whether to work from the office or home. It should be noted that this is an integration and trials role, so there is likely to require working from the office, labs and trials sites, so working from home may not always be possible.
We are looking for a Systems Integration Engineer to join the Integration and System Validation team for the Mission Support System of the Future Cruise/Anti-Ship Weapon.
We are looking for a broadly skilled Systems Proving Engineer, who will be able to:
- Work with partners across the project, within partner companies and from the customer community, to plan trials to demonstrate integration and gather evidence to qualify the FC/ASW Mission Support System.
- Analyse and report on in-depth analysis of the system behaviour across its internal and external interfaces.
- Deliver trials in a number of environments, including:
- Virtualised software platforms
- Lab-based integration and functional rigs
- Ground-based platform representations
- Platform integration and acceptance trials, including naval harbour and sea trials
- Platform firing trials
- Conduct and support failure investigation and isolation activities across the system
- Supporting safe and reliable trials, including developing and maintaining risk assessments, management of hardware and software assets and control of hardware and software configuration.
This role will involve travel within the UK, with opportunities to travel abroad likely to be available.
What we're looking for from you:
We are looking for experience from these environments:
- Systems Integration
- System Qualification and Proving
- System Assessment and Acceptance
- Software Test
- Network Integration and Proving
- Automated System Verification and Analysis
Experience in these areas would also be beneficial, though formal and on-the-job training will be available:
- Experience with the IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management toolset
- Experience with the Jira management toolset
- Experience working with software containers, continuous integration and test, or automated deployment processes
- Experience with software and script writing, for either analysis or developing tooling
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information!
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert