SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible However our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading and Havant. There is the option for a significant amount of home working.
Salary: £ Negotiable + Performance-Related Bonus and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
A formal information security architecture function is one of the key enablers of a security programme. It provides the reference models, patterns and principles that are used to design information security into solutions. It enables consistency and reuse to provide security in an optimum manner. The role of the information security architect demands business insight; technical acuity; and the ability to think, communicate and write at various levels of abstraction.
- Works closely with enterprise architects, other functional area architects and security specialists to define appropriate security controls to be designed into IT systems and platforms: commensurate with identified risks, corporate objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as a security expert in application development, database design, network and/or platform (operating system) efforts, advising project teams on how to comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
- Develops and maintains business, information and technical artefacts that constitute the enterprise information security architecture and solutions.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the Group information security strategy.
- Contributes to the alignment of security governance with Enterprise Architecture governance and security portfolio management.
- Researches, designs and advocates new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners and vendors.
- Communicates security risks and solutions to the security officer. (Note that risk assurance and compliance management are not significant components of this role).
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of information security concepts and principles.
- Expert knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across a wide variety of cloud and computer platforms.
- Ability to analyse high level architectures and derive security controls related to business security needs.
- Experience using common information security management frameworks - especially National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) frameworks.
- Familiarity with relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
- Formal training and experience in a relevant enterprise architecture methodology (for example: TOGAF).
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.